SRB2: Special Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is an EXE mod that I've been working on for a while.
Basically, it has just a few extra features to spice up SRB2 and to make it more enjoyable. It does have some really neat features, so if you've been bored with SRB2 lately, perhaps you'd like to try this out.
Also, please note that this uses a fairly recent subversion copy, so it has all of the features that have been on the svn lately. (as of original posting date)
That includes all the new bugs that may have been created in that version as well.

List of Features
Color-based names - Basically, your name is the color of your player. Any color works.
Timelight - This will change the brightness of the current level based on the time of day. Best of all, it's a console variable, so you're welcome to turn it off/on whenever.
Showhits - Basically, if you turn it off, you won't see any "(player) was hit by (player)" or "(player) fell into a bottomless pit." This would probably be great for a lot of situations, most notably when you're getting annoyed of seeing many hit messages clutter up the console.
Springfactor - Controls the amount of force with which springs propel you.
Splitscreen works in netplay without causing consistency failures when the splitscreen player leaves the game.
gr_skyfloors (For OpenGL only) - if enabled, floors are not rendered. Note that this will not work properly on non-open air levels, so I wouldn't recommend using it there.
gr_torch (For OpenGL only) - Added at the request of light dasher, still needs some work, though.

I would like to point out first, though, that since this is a work-in-progress, a lot of things still need more testing before they can be considered "complete." That's where you come in. You can test this, and hopefully provide feedback in order to make it better. In fact, you could even suggest features if you want to. I'm pretty much open to ideas, so whatever you want to suggest, (as long as it's not completely absurd) go ahead.

Download links
EXE (Beta 5)
DLL Files
faster r_opengl.dll
Source code

This is actualy a real good EXE mod, come to think of it. I haven't played this in OGl, though, so I should probaly check this out again.

Edit: Can someone put this up at sendspace or SRB2 FFH? I have a hard time getting it throgh the website.

This is AWESOME!!! Finally, A mod were I can have Hyper Sonic have AFTERIMAGES!!!! :D And Thanks for putting up the Source Code. Mind If I edit it so Knux and Tails can go super (As long as I don't distribute it)? Cool mod with the Other Ideas, BTW. :D

Edit: Aww man it's down!!! D:

Hyper Shadic X said:
And Thanks for putting up the Source Code.
Under the GNU license, he's forced to.
Hyper Shadic X said:
Mind If I edit it so Knux and Tails can go super (As long as I don't distribute it)?
Under the same license, you don't have to ask permission to edit or release it.

Hyper Shadic X said:
This is AWESOME!!! Finally, A mod were I can have Hyper Sonic have AFTERIMAGES!!!! :D And Thanks for putting up the Source Code. Mind If I edit it so Knux and Tails can go super (As long as I don't distribute it)? Cool mod with the Other Ideas, BTW. :D

Edit: Aww man it's down!!! D:
PrettySRB2. I think that came from SRB2JTE as well.

Yeah, however that was JTE 1.49 I think. I need to try with the latest release... *checks later*

EDIT: About the after images: THEY WERE TOO ******* HUGE!!! XD seriously, they were big at the front and were small at the end. Last I checked, Afterimages were not bigger/smaller than a character's body. XD

Can someone host a mirror for this? Firefox doesn't let me download from the site that it's currently at. It never lets me save or open the zip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back