F_SKY1 missing texture problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueZero4

(not a palindrome)
Upon trying to make an open-air level, I promptly ran into a problem: when two different sectors with two different floor hights border each other, and the higher one uses F_SKY1 as a floor flat, a missing texture appears in-game, yet doom builder doesn't see it. On the other hand, when a lower ceiling uses F_SKY1, no missing texture appears.

This illustates my problem:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/km9gs9

Is this a bug? Or can I fix it.

Oh,This is easy just tag the under sector as a pit,Then you color the pit with the sky texture.If this doesn't help,I think you need more help.
Edit:Oh yeah,You should test the pit if the sky texture is actually in.

This is a simple issue, SRB2 knows that F_SKY1 is a special flat to draw the sky on. Doom Builder on the other hand, assumes it's just another flat. And since it can't find the flat, it assumes that it dosen't exist.

Unfortunately the only known fix is to just ignore it.

BlueZero4 said:
Upon trying to make an open-air level, I promptly ran into a problem: when two different sectors with two different floor hights border each other, and the higher one uses F_SKY1 as a floor flat, a missing texture appears in-game, yet doom builder doesn't see it. On the other hand, when a lower ceiling uses F_SKY1, no missing texture appears.

This illustates my problem:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/km9gs9

Is this a bug? Or can I fix it.
It's a bug in the way Doom Builder decides which sidedefs need textures when sky flats are involved. SRB2DB is more accurate than vanilla DB on this, but it's still not perfect. I'll make a note of this and try to improve SRB2DB's support for this at some point. Until then, just put a lower texture on the offending sidedefs. If you're trying to achieve a platforms-floating-in-the-air effect, what you want is one big sector with F_SKY1 flats, and FOFs for your platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back