E3 2006 Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Well, it's that time of year again. The time when all the cool annoucements are made that make us all drool or gasp in horror.

To start out with, Sony has copied the Revolution controller's functionality (as usual for Sony) and set up an absolutely insane price point for the Playstation 3, $500 for a 20 GB hard drive model, $600 for a 60 GB model.

Personally, I wonder if they're out of their minds. The XBox 360 is far too expensive in my eyes at $400, and I thought the launch of the PS2 at $300 was pushing it to the limit. There is no physical way I will buy any system until it drops to $200, so that kinda means I'm never going to own a PS3, no matter how good the games are.

So, opinions? I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Frankly, this may be the beginning of the end for Sony. May. I'm no psychic, and I could be very, very wrong, but touting such technology as "innovative" just makes them look ever the thief, which, combined with their outrageous price (the cheapest PS3's more expensive than the most expensive 360!), is really gonna kick them in the pants. I'm already seeing the ire, although that could just be a large conglomerate of angry fanboys in the same place, instead of any real indication of anything.

Really, if this didn't have MGS4 coming out, this'd just be another 3DO, wouldn't it?

Anyway, Nintendo and Microsoft tomorrow. Nintendo, I'm interested in seeing more about the Virtual Console, actual Wii games, and their follow-up to Sony's utter theft here. Microsoft, Windows Vista and DirectX 10 ('nuff said). Then maybe we'll get some more info on that new Sonic game. Like, whether it is, in fact, for the PC or not.

Jesus Christ, that's expensive.

Anyway, what about games? Guitar Hero 2 makes me happy in my pants so much. :3

Supposedly, you've gotta buy the expensive PS3 to get Wifi or the other forms of memory (SD memory 'n other stuff like that).
Also, the Wii's final secret function is the speaker in the remote, in case anybody didn't know. :P

That sounds somewhat like the just made a screenless GBA for the controller.

Eventually, the 360 will need a new feature to stay in the game.

Mystic said:
To start out with, Sony has copied the Revolution controller's functionality (as usual for Sony)

Not quite. They threw two tilt sensors (Kirby Tilt N' Tumble PS3 XD) in the controller; nothing more. That doesn't even come close to emulating what the Wii will do.

Yeah, it's blatantly obvious why Sony did it, but it's not going to hold a candle in water to the Wii's design, and $50 says Sony wasn't planning on using it extensively.

I'm mainly angry at the Nintendo fanboys (not you; you're calm about it) for overreacting like the world's gonna explode.

Actually, relatively speaking, PS3 is cheap, considering it's specs. They're actually losing money for every console they sell, as it costs well into the thousands to get that stuff for say, PC. The biggest problem is their use of blue laser. It's the most expensive thing they've put into PS3, and they're immensly underpricing it.

PSP: I'd like to see some of this little portable thing, but it only has good grapics. It has bad gameplay, and most game that apear on it are also for a console.

DS: Yahoo, now this portable thing has it all! But the online play on it could be better. How about a Metroid Hunters having a co-op mode?

Xbox360: The console is nice. The price and games aren't. I love the fact you can do numerous things with it, but I want good games, not a good console.

PS3: Thats the end of it. If they can't make any good games this year, and keep stealing and copying from Nintendo, its game over for them.

Wii(revolution): Best.console.ever. It doesn't concentrate on the grapics, but the gameplay. SRB2's grapic aren't good, but the gameplay and customazation makes it ROCK. But because of the differen't controller, and underestimated grapics, a lot of third party games won't get released on it.

I own every previous console, and I'm not a Nintendo/Xbox/Sony fanboy, and i'll vote fair

Super mystic sonic said:
Yeah, but that isn't the next-gen Sonic game that is discussed in this topic, is it?

Last time I checked, it was an E3 2006 topic, not a Sonic next gen topic :roll:

...the story sounds...interesting?

Super mystic sonic said:
Shuffle said:
Sonic game for the Wii ^_^

Yeah, but that isn't the next-gen Sonic game that is discussed in this topic, is it?

Not this topic, but no, it's not. There are two Sonic next-gen games in production; the one that has its own topic, and the game Shuffle linked. We'd already known that the Wii would get a different game than the one in production for PS3/360; this is just some actual info on what the Wii title IS (finally).

Nintendo's Press Conference thingie is in a half hour. Too bad I go to school in a half hour. :(

3 SIDE SCROLLING MARIO GAMES.

You heard me.

Super Paper Mario, Yoshi's Island 2, and NSMB.

Edit: Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2, as well.

Edit: Star Fox DS! I **** LOVE YOU NINTENDO!

Edit: Super Mario Galaxy, the Wii game, too!

And hopefully they won't make it a basic single random-level endless thing like they did with the first Yoshi DS game.

FoxBlitzz said:
And hopefully they won't make it a basic single random-level endless thing like they did with the first Yoshi DS game.

Yesh, the thing went on and on and on, and you did not even use the buttons, he'd move automatically, and "aimlessly walk into pits."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back