Problem Going Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebeep41

Hi guys, first post even though I have been playing SRB2 for years. Whenever I go to Multiplayer and try to make a server, it always says Offline Mode and I cannot change it to Casual or Standard. The same problem appears to me when I try to join a server. Is it even a problem at all? Do I have to finish the 1-Player story to play online or something? This might be obvious to you guys, but it's not to me ._. Also, I portforwarded already and my firewall's not blocking.

Highlight "Room" with your cursor and press enter. Should say <Select to Change> if you're up-to-date and using 2.1.5.

Last edited:
Do I have to finish the 1-Player story to play online or something? This might be obvious to you guys, but it's not to me ._. Also, I portforwarded already and my firewall's not blocking.

You really don't need to finish single player in order to go online, the only time you need to finish single player is if the host or server is using the secret levels. Then it would say "You need to unlock this level first."

Are you using like version 2.1.4 or something? Because it would say theres a update.

Last edited:
No, you don't have to do anything special to get it to work. Just select room and make sure you're pressing 'enter' rather than using right and left like in 2.0.

You really don't need to finish single player in order to go online, the only time you need to finish single player is if the host or server is using the secret levels. Then it would say "You need to unlock this level first."

Actually, that doesn't even happen anymore. I hosted a server and the map rotation decided to play Aerial Garden Zone (an unlockable), yet there were players in the server who hadn't even unlocked it yet. It seems only the host needs to unlock stuff now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back