Need spriting program other than XWE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When comparing XP to Vista, XP is an upgrade from Vista. Weird since it was suppose to be the other way around.

If you know how to use the OS, it's an upgrade. Vista really isn't that bad. I used it for quite a while, and it was really nice. I had no problems except for graphics drivers, but that's my fault for having a really freaking old graphics card that you can pick up for $20 now. The problem he has here is really what the OS is supposed to be doing. It's restricting non-administrator accounts from running applications that require elevated privileges. Changing an entire OS just for this small reason seems ridiculous, and would be a hassle to do. Downgrading to XP is downgrading unless your computer really sucks. And even then, it's still literally downgrading, because XP is an older OS. And as I said, it would be an overall hassle. Plus, clean installs of Windows are always faster =P

All you need is the person who runs the computer to type the pass in when running as administrator, and XWE will most likely run. Or just ask for an administrator account of some sort. May be a bit annoying to have to do that every time, but unless you have access to an administrator account, you're pretty much stuck unless the programs are updated to allow low-privilege user accounts to run it properly.

OR tell XWE to not even bother with the registry and "Most Recently Used". I changed some 1s to 0s in xwe.INI and it works like it did on my last computer- Smooth, no errors, just perfect. Now all I need is a Map Editor... >.>

Torgo said:
As I recall, Paint.net can't save things in 8-bit color (meaning the amount of colors SRB2 uses). At least, I never figured out how to do that in paint.net.

Erm, I just checked, and you can save images in 8-bit color. Maybe you have an older version, because they don't let you choose how many bits.
And by deafult, it auto-detects (or something) and it gives the exact same result as 8-bit.

I can't believe there's not a SINGLE 3D-based map editor out there. :(

1: This has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

2: Doom maps (and by extension, SRB2 Maps) ain't all that 3D; it's 2D with raised flats (and in SRB2s case, FOFs and polyobjects too)

3: SRB2DB has 3D mode. As does DB2, but that didn't show FOFs, last time I checked.

That's not the type I was referencing. PLUS, I can't install a single damn thing. (>:()

WADAuthor sucks. We'll just leave it at that.

Last edited:
Look, if you do not have administrative access, ask your parents to install it for you. If you can't get them to, then you're out of luck and we really can't help you here. It's really that simple.

Editing SRB2 requires you be able to install programs. The only reason running SRB2 doesn't require you install it is because all SRB2's install program does is extract a RAR file to whatever directory you tell it to, and nothing more.

SRB2's install program is a self-extracting RAR. Think of it like the program to extract a RAR file combined with a RAR file in a single file. When you "install" SRB2, it's basically like unzipping a zip file into a directory. That's why you can do it without administrative access.

Neat. Now that I think of it, XWE DOES have a map editor, but it's gonna take forever to manipulate it to my specifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back