Hot Cavern.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torgo said:
The fifth thing, which annoyed me the most, is that the zoom tubes warped me back to the beginning. This made me quit the level. Zoom tubes can be a bit cool sometimes, but can be gimmicky, or not needed. Don't use it to annoy the player.
One thing about that uh the reason why the zoom tube takes you back is because the room that the zoom tube is in there is a shadow area close to the zoom tube area and when you pass one of the linedefs in the shadow sector a room opens up at the beginning, im not going to say whats in it, im just going to say that its something thats in all sonic games. XD

Kuja said:
@Karuno-Don't discourage him from fixing it just because it doesn't meet professional standards. You'll rarely find someone who is able to make amazing maps these days, so you might as well help the people who are willing to learn.
Well said young man. -shot*- XD

Sonic Destiny said:
Kuja said:
@Karuno-Don't discourage him from fixing it just because it doesn't meet professional standards. You'll rarely find someone who is able to make amazing maps these days, so you might as well help the people who are willing to learn.
Well said young man. -shot*- XD
Karuno said:
Kuja, you seem to misunderstand what I mean.

Some maps, like GCFreak's, can't be merely improved to be perfect. A full-scale redoing would be necessary.
I agree, forcing people to take a certain path kills the fun. It gives the map no reason to be explored. Try and put some multiple paths. It gets annoying to be forced to play a certain way.

SilverESP said:
I still wonder if I should leave the underground areas in.

Any suggestions?

Instead of having it overlap through the stage's lava, widen it and have it go somewhere else, so you have more room to work in. Maybe a large platforming room under the lava with see-through walls would be something you could try. Think outside the box and use your imagination. :)

EDIT:I've also fixed your level up for you. Pay attention to the things I changed, as they should give you an idea of what I was talking about on the first page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back