SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Help

Old 12-18-2017   #21
XleederTH
ˇReremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard88263 View Post
You do know you can use OpenGL with the exe MI gave (and with any SRB2 exe), right?
You just wasted your time compiling an EXE.
EDIT: Actually it's just a .bat. Bravo, you've done something literally anyone else can do in ten seconds.
The only OpenGL .exe I've seen is SRB2CB... I don't know what you were waiting.
Old 12-18-2017   #22
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XleederTH View Post
The only OpenGL .exe I've seen is SRB2CB... I don't know what you were waiting.
SRB2CB is (one of) the only(?) SRB2 Exe(s) that by default start in OpenGL, but other Exe versions of SRB2 can also be made to start in OpenGL by simply using the -opengl launch option when launching the game (which is present in the OpenGL Bat file(s) included with vanilla SRB2, for example), without needing a newly-compiled Exe specifically for OpenGL.
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017   #23
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Honestly, I just use a launcher to start up srb2win or any other exe myself, which allows me to easily start up with OpenGL mode anyway.

We're eventually planning to release a 2.1.20 soon with the mouse fix and more bug fixes included anyway, just so you guys know. Only reason we haven't yet released it already is because some of the devs have been busy, plus the fact we keep getting more helpful bug fixes to include. =P

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record.
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017   #24
Lach
damn she thicc

Will there be an option to turn the new mouse fix off? I do not have a problem with the mouse using the current srb2win.exe, but I tested out your mouse fix executable for kicks and found that the new lack of recentering causes my mouse to be able to move off the window when in windowed mode. This means my aiming stops being registered and my clicks tab me out of the game.
Old 12-19-2017   #25
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

...well, you are the first person to actually report anything negative with the mouse fix so far. What kind of computer are you using to play SRB2 then?

In any case, the mouse fix isn't something that can be just "turned off"; I basically rewrote the mouse code to rely on SDL2's relative mouse mode feature, which is supposed to change mouse input so that it doesn't actually change position but gives only the x/y movement. In other words it's supposed to stay in place. If that doesn't work somehow, it must be your computer not supporting this feature somehow (to the best of my knowledge). Best I could try to do is somehow reimplement the warping hack as an option or something, but I'm not sure how awkward that'd be to do. *shrugs*

For the record, I play SRB2 with Windows 7, and the mouse fix exe works just fine for me. However, I did not have the issues everyone reported in the first place either; most of those people apparently started getting it on Windows 10 after getting the fall creators update thing.

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record.
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017   #26
SMSGARDIAN
EcoloTheHeroOfSega
Extended Ban (Strike 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard88263 View Post
You do know you can use OpenGL with the exe MI gave (and with any SRB2 exe), right?
You just wasted your time compiling an EXE.
EDIT: Actually it's just a .bat. Bravo, you've done something literally anyone else can do in ten seconds.
I do not freaking care.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster iestyn View Post
...well, you are the first person to actually report anything negative with the mouse fix so far. What kind of computer are you using to play srb2 then?

In any case, the mouse fix isn't something that can be just "turned off"; i basically rewrote the mouse code to rely on sdl2's relative mouse mode feature, which is supposed to change mouse input so that it doesn't actually change position but gives only the x/y movement. In other words it's supposed to stay in place. If that doesn't work somehow, it must be your computer not supporting this feature somehow (to the best of my knowledge). Best i could try to do is somehow reimplement the warping hack as an option or something, but i'm not sure how awkward that'd be to do. *shrugs*

for the record, i play srb2 with windows 7, and the mouse fix exe works just fine for me. However, i did not have the issues everyone reported in the first place either; most of those people apparently started getting it on windows 10 after getting the fall creators update thing.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I just noticed that it just happened when i got the new update!

(SMSGARDIAN received a warning for this post: Act like a mature adult. Use some common sense when posting.)
SMSGARDIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017   #27
Lach
damn she thicc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
What kind of computer are you using to play SRB2 then?
I run SRB2 on a Mac through Wineskin. I understand that that makes me the minority here so I guess it's not really a big deal.