SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Lua

Item respawn in co-op Details »»
Item respawn in co-op
Version: v1.03, by gregory_house (ʇxǝʇ pǝddᴉlɟ ɹɐoɯ ɥʇᴉʍ ʍoN) gregory_house is online now
Developer Last Online: Jun 2018

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (1 votes - 3.40 average)
Released: 07-17-2015 Last Update: Never Installs: 0
Scripts Re-Useable Content

Here's a simple Lua script to bring back ring, coin and monitor respawn in Co-op.

It adds two commands:
"respawnitemcoop" <boolean> lets you turn item respawn in coop on or off.
"respawnitemcooptime" <integer> lets you choose the desired respawn time (when collecting rings/coins, remember that respawn time starts after the sparkles disappear).

The script is pretty heavy, so it will probably cause lag on larger levels with a lot of rings and/or monitors, such as AGZ.

EDIT:Reverted to a simpler check that, while allowing some rings to not respawn under certain extreme conditions, keeps the game actually playable in mid-sized levels.

[video]http://giant.gfycat.com/VainOrganicBull.webm[/video][video]http://fat.gfycat.com/AdolescentSlipperyFrog.webm[/video][video]http://zippy.gfycat.com/AshamedNeatArabianoryx.webm[/video]

Download Now

File Type: lua respawnitemcoop.lua (7.4 KB, 308 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 07-17-2015   #2
HellHawkX
Judge

I don't get why this was removed in the first place.
One thing I noticed is that Mario coins don't respawn, you should add that in, and maybe the weapons as well.
<RoyKirbs> I'm currently causing child abuse.
HellHawkX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015   #3
gregory_house
ʇxǝʇ pǝddᴉlɟ ɹɐoɯ ɥʇᴉʍ ʍoN

It should work with Mario coins too, now. Also, a couple gifs have been added.
As for weapons, if you mean weapon panels/ammo, that's not really a feature I'm interested in as I never find myself using ringslinger in co-op, but anyone is free to add that.

Last edited by gregory_house; 07-17-2015 at 07:03 PM.
gregory_house is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015   #4
Burning-Fox
Does not approve of rails.

Why WAS this removed. Glad to see this exists.
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I'm a thief.
Burning-Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015   #5
NotablyPrettyCrazy
Fool or Clown?

Because, chances are, if everything respawned the same way as in the lua, Lag would happen more often.
NotablyPrettyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015   #6
Burning-Fox
Does not approve of rails.

Hopefully it's brought back officially in 2.2. I hate how it's gone, it's unnecessary. Cheats, I can somewhat understand, but even then not so much because it's an optional feature that's off by default. But item respawn? That's almost necessary. It's impossible to beat the Mystic Realm Zone online if you're behind even one person without item respawn.
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I'm a thief.
Burning-Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015   #7
MetalKnux101
Iron Claws

There was a lot of things removed in 2.1 that I don't get. Auto-aim was removed too.
MetalKnux101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015   #8
golteam

Actually, Alyssa got this Lua script in the first place.
golteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015   #9
gregory_house

Uh, that is me.
Old 06-02-2016   #10
golteam

Apparently, this doesn't seem to work when Version 2.1.15 had released.
golteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016   #11
gregory_house

Thanks, should be back in its sorta working order now.
Old 12-23-2017   #12
Petit The Hedge
2020 News: -SRB2.2 is out!-

Gregory, y'know, this sure helps a lot, specially in maps like ERZ or AGZ but....... you could make the respawn time have a limit, since i discovered that 2000 rings respawning in the same second causes 2 FPS in my notebook. .-.

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petit The Hedge View Post
Gregory, y'know, this sure helps a lot, specially in maps like ERZ or AGZ but....... you could make the respawn time have a limit, since i discovered that 2000 rings respawning in the same second causes 2 FPS in my notebook. .-.

Oh by the way, my notebook is not the best, but i normally play in OGL with Jeck's MD2s and i get 20-32 FPS .-.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning-Fox View Post
Hopefully it's brought back officially in 2.2. I hate how it's gone, it's unnecessary. Cheats, I can somewhat understand, but even then not so much because it's an optional feature that's off by default. But item respawn? That's almost necessary. It's impossible to beat the Mystic Realm Zone online if you're behind even one person without item respawn.
Uhh buddy, is there a Mystic Realm Zone in SRB2?

'cause i dont remember that. Also, didn't you mean Aerial Garden Zone? Or something like that?

Last edited by Petit The Hedge; 12-23-2017 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Wrong Grammar.
Petit The Hedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017   #13
ThunderFlame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petit The Hedge View Post

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Oh by the way, my notebook is not the best, but i normally play in OGL with Jeck's MD2s and i get 20-32 FPS .-.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Uhh buddy, is there a Mystic Realm Zone in SRB2?

'cause i dont remember that. Also, didn't you mean Aerial Garden Zone? Or something like that?
He’s referring to the final zone in Mystic Realm where the player turns into Super Sonic and must rush to the Eggman boss while still maintaining super form by grabbing rings. It’s basically like the Doomsday Zone from Sonic 3&K.

Since the rings don’t respawn in co-op, it becomes a race against death to even attempt to get a hit in on Eggman. I eventually said screw it and gave everyone 20 starting lives and reluctantly restarted the level so we could beat the level by simply getting a hit in and dying.

Last edited by ThunderFlame; 12-23-2017 at 06:50 AM.
ThunderFlame is offline   Reply With Quote