Character Wad Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been asked so many times it's unfunny.

Your "^" frames become "/" automatically thanks to some dumb option SLADE doesn't have enabled by default.

Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Editing and enable "use percent encoding blah blah blah" then replace the second patch of "/" with "^".

EDIT: Here are some other things you missed :

-you only edited S_SKIN, but forgot to edit the "SKINNAME" in the OBJCTCFG after you took GreenEyes, so the game thinks your skin is invalid.

-your last few frames are capitalised (SONIA1 instead of SONIa1 at the bottom etc), so it keeps scrolling between falling,1-up, and sign sprites, so you messed THAT up.

-your LUA is broken too, because again, you kept the "greeneyes" text when you took it, instead of replacing it with "sonicfaze".

Last edited:
This has been asked so many times it's unfunny.

Your "^" frames become "/" automatically thanks to some dumb option SLADE doesn't have enabled by default.

Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Editing and enable "use percent encoding blah blah blah" then replace the second patch of "/" with "^".

EDIT: Here are some other things you missed :

-your last few frames are capitalised (SONIA1 instead of SONIa1 at the bottom etc), so it keeps scrolling between falling,1-up, and sign sprites, so you messed THAT up..

1. You're best solution is to try and find the older versions of SLADE that enable it. As enabling use percent encoding crashes the program.

2. This MAY happen with SRB2 Doom Builder, or just another glitch with New Slade, but this tends to happen when you edit a level and open it in New Slade, maybe.

Ok Zipper I have changed the the things that you told me to change and now i am a bit further, Sonic is now not green, but now he is blue, if you want to have a look tell me and ill upload the wad and you can see what i have changed.
(BTW This is my first time actually making/editing a wad so I honestly have no idea what I am doing)

Last edited:
Ok Zipper I have changed the the things that you told me to change and now i am a bit further, Sonic is now not green, but now he is blue, if you want to have a look tell me and ill upload the wad and you can see what i have changes.
(BTW This is my first time actually making/editing a wad so I honestly have no idea what I am doing)

I'll try to make this simple.

https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Character_WAD_tutorial

This explains what "startcolor" and "prefcolor" do. Basically, since your sprites are blue in SLADE, if you set "startcolor" to a blue color (https://wiki.srb2.org/w/images/f/f6/Palette.png refer to these numbers, I don't know WHICH blue your Sonic uses, set it to the lightest blue I guess???.) your Sonic will be able to change colors off of that. Once you're done with that, set prefcolor to "Green", without quotes. That'll make your character use green's shades by default, and it'll still be MP compatible.

(An easier option is to use Colour Remap inside SLADE, but then it won't be able to change to other colors ever so bleeeeeeeh)

OK so i did that now the wad is just the default Sonic Skin/Sprites whatever you want to call it, and he wont move at all. Oh and also, i found that Sonic's Startcolor was the darkest purple for some reason, and Sorry for all the trouble so far and from now on.

-you only edited S_SKIN, but forgot to edit the "SKINNAME" in the OBJCTCFG after you took GreenEyes, so the game thinks your skin is invalid.

-your last few frames are capitalised (SONIA1 instead of SONIa1 at the bottom etc), so it keeps scrolling between falling,1-up, and sign sprites, so you messed THAT up.

-your LUA is broken too, because again, you kept the "greeneyes" text when you took it, instead of replacing it with "sonicfaze".

OK so i did that now the wad is just the default Sonic Skin/Sprites whatever you want to call it, and he wont move at all.

You didn't read.

Oh and also, i found that Sonic's Startcolor was the darkest purple for some reason, and Sorry for all the trouble so far and from now on.

then set it to the darkest purple, why is this even a problem?

Last edited:
Ok its working now YAY!
Thanks for all your help, if you want the wad, Ill upload it to the releases section, and Ill credit you both for helping me out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back