Favorite Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo 3, Metal Gear Online, Super Smash Brothers, Trauma Center, Silent Hill and Shadow of the Colossus. Wish I could say Mirror´s Edge, but it gets boring after finished.

Tetris Attack, Mario 3, Donkey Kong Country 2, Paper Mario 2, Tales of Symphonia, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Chronno Trigger, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, and Super Smash Brothers: Melee (NOT Brawl, even though I played it lots of times) are games that I think are really good.

They are in no real order, but Advance Wars: DS, Tetris Attack, Paper Mario 2, Chrono Trigger, and Donkey Kong Country 2 are basically tied for the award for my favorite game.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Sonic CD
Sonic Adventure 2 (Sonic Adventure and Sonic Heroes get honorable mentions)
Galaga
Mrs. Pacman (it's so underrated)
Super Mario Galaxy
de Blob
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
...And I've just started to play Half-Life 2. The atmosphere of that game is so friggin' epic.

I if had to limit my choice to one, I'd choose Sonic 3 and Knuckles. And if they ever release a Katamari game for the the Wii, that'll automatically make it on my list.

Last edited:
Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Call of Duty 4, Tales of Vesperia, Pokemon (all of them) and every megaman battle network, Zero, Legends and Starforce.

That's a lot of favorites I'd say.

My top 5, copied from another forum. Nothing's changed from then and now.

1. Doom (pref: The Ultimate Doom). No question.
2. MechWarrior (pref: MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries). Giant robots with a great backstory throughout the series, hell yes.
3. Command and Conquer (pref: Red Alert 1). Fast-paced and relatively simple mechanics make this game a great pick-up-and-play game. I hate what EA has done to the series, however, and won't replay the campaign of anything past Red Alert 2.
4. Ace Combat (pref: Ace Combat 5). I've always enjoyed flight simulators, but I liked how they added a touch of arcade action to make dogfights that much more interesting. They can package it how they want and add whatever story they want, but they never change the core gameplay. And I hope they never do. Note: This game is the only one in my top 5 that was released past the year 2000.
5. Syndicate. Even predating Doom (by a few months), Syndicate dropped you into a future world where you essentially just take over the world with a group of cyborg agents. A solid economy and its several intricacies in its "small scale real-time strategy" made it a quick favorite of mine when I was a kid. And setting people on fire is fun, too.

Honorable mentions: Descent, Fallout, Half-Life, Portal, and Tetris.

Last edited:
1: Sonic and Knuckles Collection: PC
2: Super Smash Bros Melee: Gamecube
3: Marvel vs Capcom 2: Arcade
4: Sega Smash Pack 2: PC
5: Megaman the Power Battle/Fighters: Arcade

Other Favorites that I couldn't Number:
Megaman 7, Alien Hominid HD, Kirby Super Star, Super Street Fighter 2, Gex 1, and King of Fighters 98'.

Last edited:
-Star Ocean: Second Evolution
-Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7
-Dissidia: Final Fantasy
-Megaman Zero 3
-Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
-Pokemon Silver, Emerald, Platinum
-Sonic Unleashed
-Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
-Mario Kart Wii
-Animal Crossing: City Folk

*Marvel Vs Capcom 2
*Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom (come on guys...You know you wanted to play this)
*Tetris (Gb only)
*DMC series
*Mega Man 3 & 5
*Mega man the Power Battle/Fighters: Arcade
*Mega Man Legends 2
*Street fighter 3 alpha
*Capcom Vs SNK 2
*Kirby 64:The crystal shards
*Elder scrolls: Morowind & Oblivion
*Starcraft Brood war
*Disagea 1
*Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2
*Gex 1 through 3
*Mechassult 1 (xbox)
*Luigi's Mansion
*Call Of Duty 4
*Ikaruga (arcade shooter which focuses on polarity of colors. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7bmTmc9F6s)
*Pac Man: Championship Edition
*Galpus (or Galaga 3 or 2 by most people. A much harder version of galaga. The farthest I've gotten on it is parsec 5.)

Whew...Obviously thats not the end of the list, but thats all I'll place here for now.

Last edited:
Hmmm... well, I can only say them when split into 2 categories: (Too big a Sonic fan, you see)

Favourite Sonic game: Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
Favourite Non-Sonic game: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Darkness

Sonic Series: Sonic 2 / Its so simple :D
Megaman Series: Megaman X5 / Epic Battles and levels
Zelda Series: Zelda Oot / Awesome Music and Weapons
Ace Combat Series: Ace Combat Zero / EPIC SOUNDTRACK EVAH! -...Oh yeah and the nice gameplay (I love to use the F-15 :D)
Metroid Series: Metroid Zero Mission / Brinstar and classic gameplay (like Sonic 2)
Burnout Series: Burnout 3 Takedown / YOU CRASH THE OTHER CARS AND MAKE THEM CRASH!! YEY!
Sport Games: Pes 2009 / I've always liked Soccer (Football) Matches and yeah, you can make your own teams.

Thats it for now XD

Last edited:
Shenmue on the dreamcast, so you can imagine how excited i am after hearing the main character of that game is in Sonic and Sega all stars racing.
The second one would be sonic 3 and knuckels for the main reason that it is one of the best/longest/largest 2D sonic game ever.

Racing Games
-burnout takedown / revenge / paradise city(burnout series best car crash games)
-Need for speed underground 2(customize the cars) /most wanted / carbon(because the drift) / prostreet(for the Drag race) / shift
-Fuel(big Freeroam)
-Gran turismo 3,4,5
-Grid
-Full Auto 2
Adventure/Action Games
-All Sonic the hedgehog 1,2,3/ SADX(PC)/ Next-Gen/ Unleashed (PS3 & Wii)/sonic the secret ring (wii)
-God of war 1 and 2....3 coming soon
-Metal Gear Solid 1,2,3,4
-Prototype(PS3)
-Assassin Creeds(PS3)
-Super Mario series
RPG
-Pokemon Series

........and the list going on

If I had to settle on ten, I would choose (in no particular order):

Megaman Zero 4
Touhou 10/Mountain of Faith
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
The Battle for Wesnoth
MegaMari
Pokemon: Platinum Edition
Civilization IV: Beyond The Sword
Cave Story
Dwarf Fortress
Heroes of Might and Magic 3.5/In The Wake Of Gods

Chosen for maximum variety and all that, omitting approx. five games I like as well that didn't quite make it.

Favorite game eh? Hmm...

PS3
Littlebigplanet

Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Punch-Out!!

PS2
Shadow of the Colossus

Gamecube
Sonic Mega Collection
Sonic Adventure DX

Nintendo DS
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Sonic Rush Adventure

NES
Super Mario Bros. 3

Nintendo 64
Super Mario 64

PC
Fan Game: Sonic Robo Blast 2 (OH WOW.)
Real Game: Sonic & Knuckles Collection

Yeeeaahh... I've got too many.

Favorite officials sonic games: sonic 2 and Sonic CD

Since I'm a PC gamer I can only tell PC games (not in order).

Sonic Fan game: SRB2
Crysis and Crysis Warhead
World In Conflict
Battlefield 2 and 2142
Halo CE and Halo 2
Need for seed: High Stakes (Too bad I cant play it anymore cuz it's my favorite of the series)
Quake 1 and 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back