I feel lost D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawntails

Well i'm an old player of SRB2 witch was about 3 years ago and i stoped for 1 year and now i came back but... i'm kinda lost now.

Ok i understand all the new things in the exe that they added like the new maps,bonus,music and that the MS is down so no online for now but the thing i don't understand are:

1- cheat commands change or removed? ( startlives and startrings mostly )

2- Water shield is no more water shield even if it's blue but green shield is water proof?

3- Is there anymore wads then those in the wad section because it's a bit dissapointing compared to the old time ( had like 200 wads and like 100 that i liked alot )

4- Does xSRB2.exe is compatible with the normal SRB2.exe for online gameplay?

Thank you in advance for your answers guys ^^

Ah ok.
1st - What do you mean by cheat commands?
2nd - There are 5 types of shields. Whirlwind which lets you take an extra jump. Color is White. Force shield which protects you from 2 hits. Color is blue. Elemental which protects you from the elements like lava, cold water, acid, and keeps you from drowning as well as protecting you from electricity and other hazards. Color is green. Armageddon which allows you to destroy any enemies around you by pressing the jump button and while in the air pressing the spin dash button. Color is red. Attraction shield which attracts rings to you. Color is yellow.
3rd - I think they are archived somewhere on the MB, but I may be wrong.
Thats what I know. Someone else can help you with the rest.

Well i mean when i was playing on the MS when it was working i was doing a casual game with 5 friends and everytime we played together i always did like ''startlives 10''
so everyone get 10 lives and we got all the emeralds just for fun i typed ''starrings 9999'' and we could turn super sonic on any map.

As for the shield it's kinda confusing but i will get used to it.

Do you know if they are compatible with 2.0.6? because i tried some of my old wad that i found but none works because they are from a older version like SMS (SuperMysticSonic)

Yes the cheat commands still work, but only in multiplayer mode and they are different. Here are some of the commands: type "setrings" followed by the number of rings you want to have. For example:setrings 9999 would give everyone in the server 9999 rings. Type: "setlives" followed by the number of lives you want to have. Example: setlives 99 would give everyone in the server 99 lives. There are more like touchtag on and others. You can find those on the Srb2 Wiki.

Also only wads from versions 2.0 and up will work for the current srb2 version. Also some of the wads from back then have been remade and are found on the MB and are playable.

Oh ok. Well i knew it's only for multi but it's because i needed to train my self on mysticrealm before playing it on single player even tough i remember where everything does ^^'

Yeah the wads for 2.0 are more...detailed and are bether but there is only like senya,senku and metal sonic that i like because the others are kinda cheap in my opinion but i'm not here to judge.

For xSRB2 i wonder if there is alot of people using it but anyway it's just for some details i play for it so i don't mind play the normal one.

Also i was wondering. If i change the name on the wads i download will they be compatible with the others? I mean if people use TailsDollCE.wad and i renamed it to tailsdollce.wad will it still work online?

Yeah the wads for 2.0 are more...detailed and are bether but there is only like senya,senku and metal sonic that i like because the others are kinda cheap in my opinion but i'm not here to judge.
Uh, the cheapness of the 2.0 WADs is nothing compared to the overpowered recolor mania of 1.09.4.

I know i know but what i mean is like the characters are way to underpowered. Sonic is even bether then half of the curent released characters so it's not really worth downloading them exept if your ultra pro and you want a hard challenge.

Like some character doesn't even have a double jump or thok move so it's kinda crazy to play with them when your not used to it.

1.09 were more interesting. Yeah there was over then half of them were overpowered but there was alot of good one and alot to choose from.

Actually most pros around here don't download character wads but master the characters that are available to them in srb2 like Sonic, Knuckles and Tails.

I know i know but what i mean is like the characters are way to underpowered. Sonic is even bether then half of the curent released characters so it's not really worth downloading them exept if your ultra pro and you want a hard challenge.
The character WAD system was redesigned so that exactly this happens. No character should be more powerful than the official ones.

Yeah, you won't be able to find characters that are tons stronger then the current ones.
Like SpiritCrusher said, this was done so people wouldn't make overpowered characters. You won't be able to find "SMS 2.0". Super forms aren't allowed anymore in single player either. Unless you download Supermonitor.soc. (?)

Well, a double jumper Wad is, in my opinion, on the same level as the default 3. If you know how to use it.

Well i don't ask for overpowered wads but it's just that we don't have alot of characters. I don't care about super form, atleast the is the metal sonic wad but it's a good thing that there is no more wads like HMS.

It's not that i don't like to play with the 3 original character but it's just that playing with them after a while is kinda boring after a while.

You can't tell me that playing with a mess of overpowered characters and breezing past things is more interesting than sticking to the tried-and-tested characters with abilities fine-tuned to the mechanics of the game. All right, so there aren't a lot of character WADs out there, but give it time. A lot of time. The higher standards for 2.0.X means that there will be far fewer characters released, and in any case I don't expect character WAD production to take off until a future version introduces a broader range of variables and customizable features. Most skilled designers won't bother with the system as is; it's simply much more appealing and sensible to design levels.

I would heartily recommend that instead of trying the default levels over and over again with character WADs, try playing as Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles over and over again with level WADs. That's where most of the real innovation has been in 2.0.X, and therefore I expect you would get much more enjoyment out of that.

I know what you mean but i don't wanto overpowered character i just want other characters to play with. It's mostly because of the style not because of their ability's.

Well i already finished the game with all emeralds with sonic,tails and knuckles and i only need 5 more emblems to unlock everything. Atleast right now i have the mysticrealm wad to have more fun even tough i know the exact location of everything you need.

I don't really know how long the 2.0 version and higher along with the wads new politic got out because,like i said, i wasn't around for really long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back