Is World of Warcraft worth buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty awesome game, but it's a big chunk of money out of your wallet.

I suggest either Aura ROSE, Maple story, or guild wars if you like it free

WoW is far, far better than all three of those once you start getting the hang of it. The only notable problem in the early levels is that questing in 1-60 is extremely boring. Blizzard is fixing this by making death a far less tedious process, and has already fixed the experience rewards; it takes about 20% of the time to get to 60 compared to what it used to be.

Once you reach 60 and start questing The Burning Crusade, the entertainment of the game skyrockets as the quests here actually have really interesting events and cutscenes. It gets even better after you reach 70, in Wrath of the Lich King, with some quests triggering changes throughout the world for your character and overall being a much more immersive experience than any other MMORPG ever, in both plot line integration and in interactivity. You will truly enjoy it if you spend the time to do so.

Many people say the game truly starts at the level cap. It's debatable now that the leveling content is just as fun as the end game content. You will be pleasantly surprised.

EDIT: I play a Tauren Death Knight (Horde) on the realm Windrunner. Character name is Furyhunter. If you do pick up the free 10 day trial, start on my realm and I'll help you out.

WoW is far, far better than all three of those

I didn't say WOW was not better than the three I suggested, I said if you like free mmos then try one of the MMOs I listed. WOW is an excelent game, but the fee seems pricey (knowing it offers the player bunches of options and stuff, so it's worth it. But too much for my blood)

I played it once as an undead warlock, then an undead rouge.

If you haven't played it, please stick with the Horde. They give you more than you think. Plus the undead rock ^_^

I know, I was just stating a point. You can't give someone a free MMO and expect them to look at WoW any better because they just aren't anything alike.

TrueTenguMan said:
Maple story

I haven't played the other two (or WoW, for that matter), but I would recommend against this. While it's nice to see an MMORPG in sidescroller format, the battle system is extremely bare-boned and uninteresting. You can form guilds and such, but if you're more interested in soloing your quests, I don't think there's much to look forward to.

It depends.

WoW can be a very enjoyable game, but it requires a big time investment.

And in the words of Yahtzee.. 'I mean a BIG one'

WOW is worth buying because you can add things to your liking but it takes a huge chunk of cash out of your pocket.

Not to mention buying expantions to keep up with requirements and stuff.

If I buy it, im just sicking to the normal WoW

WoW is definitely cool. The only thing I don't like is that it's success kinda cuts down on chances of a Warcraft IV, because I gotta be honest, I would still rather play the strategy games.

But I'm also a FFXI fan, so I kinda already get my MMO fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back