Your "WTF" moments in Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
When in Lime Forest, I suddenly heard a whole bunch of loud, obnoxious noises coming from a mass of poorly-sprited randomly moving heads.

LOLZ, are you talking about Sjas?

I could mention facing Wallcrawlers, ReDeads, and the Dead Hand in Ocarina of Time (not to mention the Shadow Temple and Well Bottom decor)... but I'm not sure if that was as startling as the shrieking of the Great Fairies. (TP was a vast improvement on those things)

I know it isn't near as much of an effect I would have had playing the games themselves, but I was linked to a youtube of both the end cutscene from Sonic 06 (of course the startling moment was NOT when Sonic died, but rather when what's-her-name started about her ritual of bringing him back to life... I didn't wait around long enough to see if Sleeping Beauty woke up). I also was slightly surprised to see an RPG boss that was merely a background image, but I escaped the creeped-out factor most get because I wasn't actually playing Earthbound and didn't have patience to do anything but fast-forward through most of the 30+ minutes of gameplay.

SA2B: With Action Replay In Green Forest, go passed the goal and stuff with moon jump, go around, and the blue background by the goal looks like blue paper. Me and my friend were like "WTF!?" at the same time.

EDIT:
zeldagamer00 said:
SSBB:
Losing to a 5 year old, that was using a freaking jigglypuff.

WTF!? lol

Using Reflexor in Spargus City in Jak 3. I shot around a corner, heard ten screams, and saw the bullet come directly back around the same corner. Looking over, I saw ammo all over the place. No survivors. o.O

I just had a new one last night, while playing Ocarina of Time on Virtual Console. You know how the Wii goes into sleep mode when you leave it alone for, like, 10 minutes? Well, after completing the final boss and getting past the cutscene, I left the controller alone to watch the credits. When it came to the scene in the Temple of Time where the Master Sword is put back in the Pedestal of Time, and when the camera angle moves to view the Master Sword at ground level, the room got VERY dark. I could still see around, but that's when I realized it was the Wii in sleep mode. At first, I had thought Link has turned out the lights to the Temple of Time!

This one was a while ago. Um, what was it called... Ah yes, Digital Card Battle for PS. Some digimon game. Anyway, the last boss sucked so much, because it glitches the entire game (not really, but it seems to) and the background is inverted and scrolling in the wrong direction, the music is screwy (it now reminds me of the Drought music from RSE, but still more screwy), and in the final boss battle, he takes your best cards and moves them to the bottom of your deck. Seriously, who thinks of this crap?!

And don't flame me for playing digimon, I was like 7 at the time.

Devil Kings (yea i know...I still play it...>>)
-When The general Muri screams and wines during the entire level
-When I saw Iron Ox
-When I found out you cannot command your units to do things
-That the General Frost looks like a girl and dates a girl..that actualy IS a girl.

Shadow The Hedgehog
-Sonic said the "d" word

Star Wars: KOTOR
-When I found out your the lord of the sith known as Revan
-when you have to drain bodies to survive the final boss.

Halo 3
-Finding the monkey family on the first level
-Flood mutating into a hulk-like monstrosity
-Cortana saying depressing words through out the missions.

Mega Man 8
-Proto Man had a decent voice actor

Ratchet: Deadlock
-seeing an overweight alien animal dance to a britney Spears counter part.

SSBB:

1) I was playing some mode (I think Classic), I had to fight DDD 1 on 1. Wooden box appears. Slammed him off, grabbed box, threw box, box slams DD off stage again while in midair, turns out the box has Smart Bomb, grabbed a smart bomb, threw it up, exploded in midair, at the last moment the first smart bomb sets off the remaining bombs, all 3 bomb explosions hit DDD, who flies off stage, I win. All that in a few seconds of madness. Psyche, eh?

2) It happens to everyone, but I use Wario's final smash in Classic Mode, use Wario Bike, AND FLY OFF THE GODDAMN STAGE! I've learned to control it, but still a WTF moment.

3) Sonic's pose on the Dragoon reminded me of the Sonic Riders games. Weird.

4) When I found out Jigglypuff could spindash too. I thought Sonic was the only one who could spindash o_O

5) Beating the Hammer of the King event in 5 seconds. Some attack hits giant metal DDD off the stage, and since he's heavy as hell, he fell off straight away!

This really isn't a moment in a game, but the "developer's cover" of Courtney Gears's song. *shudder*

Shadow telling eggman to go to hell.
Getting creamed by Jigglypuff.
Getting raped by a ReDead
Trying to chase down King Boom Boo for the first time.
First time fighting an iron knuckle.
First time fighting Silver Sonic in sth2.
Trying to catch that ****ing frog in SA.
Falling into the Biolizard's Urine...o__0
Choking in the Knuckles part of cannon's core.
Instantly killing my friend in Metroid Prime Hunters with Trace.
Dying in the Computer Room D:
Running out of time halfway through Hot Shelter.
First time trying to fight Shadow in space.
Team Chaotix Instantly dying before the "TEAM CHAOTIX" had disappeared.
Looking for the lost chao.
Seeing the master emerald fragment in the bottom of the tornado in wild canyon expert mode.
Trying to beat emerald coast timed.
Running out of time at the end of hot shelter with Zeta at empty health.
Getting 7 gameovers fighting Diablon.
Trying to get those freaking chaos emeralds in Sonic R.

You want a REAL WTF moment?

One time when I was playing Quake, somewhere in the first episode (either the level you get the rocket launcher in, or the level just prior), instead of being greeted by a Knight, as would be usual for the level I was playing, I was greeted by a flying Health Pack.

Top that.

I played socom once. just as i was about to kill a mercenary, my gun jams on me and the enemy does not retaliate against me. Also my team kept saying grenade for an hour and a half.

I went to the rendevous of the level where a tank appears, then it blows up before I scan it so a missle comes. Then after that my entire team and myself die for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back