Stuff to put in 1.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why's that? the gargoyles are the only thing that ARE pushable in SRB2 (Unless I'm not looking, of course...) Theeir kinda fun to play with, if you ask me.

I DO use them for just decoration. The only reason they're pushable at all is because they're planned to be used for weird purposes in DSZ, if I recall.

Hence, I don't want anyone pushing them onto springs and having them kill people as they bounce up and down. Yes, it's funny, but it's not the intent of them XP

Pushing them onto springs and killing people is a new feature. When I was making Slime Falls Zone, I was very disappointed that springs didn't make gargoyles move, since you could push them into the slime pools at the bottom but not get them out.

I don't like the idea of having to push gargoyles around in Deep Sea Zone, though. It's bad enough that THZ2 and CEZ have buttons. Sonic games have traditionally just required you to get to the end. Making the player complete arbitrary tasks like that hurts race play.

SRB2 is right. Most Sonic games have had simple puzzle aspects, mostly involving simple button pressing and stuff. I personally like such puzzles provided that they do not slow the game down too much. THZ2's buttons don't slow the game down all that much, and it adds a layer to the gameplay. A little bit of gargoyle pushing will go a long way towards making the stages more interesting.

Yeah...hey, wait!

Exactly. The only button level that I really have a problem with is CEZ. It makes the pace so....so... so slow. PLEEEEASE edit that out, even though it won't be in the Full version (If there is one, that is :) ).

Hoho

By "splash", I meant "sound effect" :P

I wouldn't mind a graphical splash myself. Isn't that already done with Sonic jumping into the water?

Yes... I still don't think it would be TOO hard to fbring particles into the Leagcy engine. It would be PERFECT for elemtal stuff, like fire, water, smoke, ect.

Particle effects aren't happening. SRB2 doesn't need yet ANOTHER useless graphical effect to slow it down, thanks.

As I've said before, I am a strong proponent of gameplay over graphics, unless the graphics help the gameplay in some way. Particle effects won't help anything, hence, I don't see a point.

What about a sector special that makes it on fire, for, say, my Magma Base, it would make lava levels much more interesting. And after fire, electricity would be simple.

Why not making some enemies instead of that?? And more levels? Those things are what SRB2 needs since much time... I will try to do some enemy sprites... I cannot program them, but I can do them well looking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 10, Members: 0, Guests: 10)

Back