Ban System Revamp and Rules Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
glaber said:
Would there be some rare cases where the user skips a couple of strikes and strikes out?

Probably. :P
This system is good,but I don't think people are going to come back after a year.:P

I like this system though.

glaber said:
Would there be some rare cases where the user skips a couple of strikes and strikes out?

Of course. It's called Permbanned (Instantaneous)

These are the possible reasons I know:
- Unacceptable username.
- Proving you'll never, EVER make an even remotely useful post, ever.
- Posting...ugh, I don't even want to SAY the word
- Screaming, "I HATE YOU ALL FROM THIS FORUM! YOU ALL FAIL LIFE AND EVERYTHING AND I WISH YOU WOULD ALL DIE IN A FIRE!"
- Making threats to the forum

I HATE YOU ALL FROM THIS FORUM! YOU ALL FAIL LIFE AND EVERYTHING AND I WISH YOU WOULD ALL DIE IN A FIRE! *shot 900000 times, permbanned, and lazored*

Seriously though, the new rules are pwn :D Let's all kill the n00bz!

I noticed him on the "Newest member" thing. The guy is at it again, but now his name is (CENSORED BY UBER SHELL). Yes, the same thing happened: ban time.

OK, seriously. We NEED to have IP ban MODded in here. Why should we suffer a post count limit over one user who would be gone permanently if we had an IP ban system?

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
OK, seriously. We NEED to have IP ban MODded in here. Why should we suffer a post count limit over one user who would be gone permanently if we had an IP ban system?
We do have an IP ban system, and we just applied it to the guy evading his ban. The trouble with banning IPs is that you also have dynamic ranges to consider, and the admins, from what I understand, hesitate to ban a range unless it's an evader on dynamic IP. Until now, we didn't have a match. Now we do. But that may not change the restriction. It's being discussed.

Kopper said:
Also, censor names. :P Makes sense don't you think?
You could register a dummy account to get it off the Newest Member area.

Still a good idea, stop it before it actually happens. Or at least force 1337 speak, which some kids won't understand.

Dark Warrior said:
The trouble with banning IPs is that you also have dynamic ranges to consider

Besides, if someone truly wanted to get in to post spam,there are ways to get in even with an IP ban in place, but I will not specify because someone might use the ideas, and I don't want that!

Don't fret. Another person will register. Just be patient, and let someone join the boards. It will happen. Just give it some time.

Dark Warrior said:
Kopper said:

Won't work. It won't let me register another account because "that e-mail address has already been registered to another user."

You need a dummy e-mail address to make a dummy account. :E

Dark Warrior said:
Kopper said:

Won't work. It won't let me register another account because "that e-mail address has already been registered to another user."
The way anonymous does it is with a dummy e-mail account.

There's a post limit now?!!

Great... Now how am I going to be able to update my long list of links to my Sonic 1/2/3/& Knuckles MIDIs, since it's probably breaking the limit? :/

I suspect that older post will have Gradfather Clause sort of thing, so it probably won't be affected unless you edit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back