Senku.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When walljumping in 2D you can exploit the walls by pressing toward the wall just before you propel off it and get thrown vertically rather than away from the wall, you can do this over and over to scale it fully. It WILL bug up with more players against same said wall.

I guess I should go ahead and explain. Senku doesn't turn 180 degrees because when I first showed Senku the walljump ability, it was just a beta, and I'd cut a couple corners to save frames- in the process making it so that you don't turn around when you walljump. However, what we found was that walljump was more generally useful if it was designed for corners, which the non-turning version would be better for, so I ended up never making a turning version.

I guess I could now if I felt like it, might make a good ability for Sinkoo.

I have a question.

In the turnaround on the front post, why does it appear that his shoes go from round-tipped (sideways sprites) to pointy-tipped (front sprite)?

SRB2 style, blame it. :D And to add to what Draykon said about the walljump, it is also good for other situations if you are good with it, like walljumping up long walls or cramped areas like the area to the GFZ2 extra life area.

Also look out for a new release soon, now with a new ability tacked on. Currently it's buggy and can accidentally trigger a weird noclip godmode for some weird freaking reason when getting hurt while using it, so it needs to be debugged somehow. D:

Last edited:
New release posted. Diamond Cracker has been added as an ability rather than the boring jump cancel. I'd like for people to test the wad within a week from now to check for bugs with the ability. I know of a few that triggered during my testing but I wanna see if anyone else can trigger them. If too many reports of the bugs are reported I'll probably remove or replace the ability. Game breaking bugs that is.

I had this wad before. Both this and the Senya wad are good.
I even threw stuff in SRB2JTE as Senya!

The wall-jumping thing seems hard to me, but I mastered it now.

It's also a good thing you have the stomp ability, it's too bad that Sonic Unleashed doesn't allow that kind of stomping.

Last edited:
NEW ABILITY = AWESOME

reminds me of Silver's psycho-shocker or whatever it was, in S2K6, only instead of stunning the robots, it destroys them. Pretty awesome! :D

Now to play the whole game as Senku. This should be fun.

Edit: bug you prolly can't fix and/or need to: If you use it on a spring, it infinitively loops in jumping up and down the spring until you get off it.

Last edited:
Small bug with new ability, although a rare occurrence. If you land the Diamond Cracker barely on an edge, he'll start flickering between his edge-tilting sprites and normal standing sprites, while completely invincible. If he walks onto the ledge, it discharges as normal. If he falls off, he'll take a hit if he hits an enemy, and then discharge the ability.

Cool new ability, though.

No problems with the wall-jump ability, although it's more obvious when you fail now.

EDIT: You sink right to the bottom of slime pools before taking a hit from them.

Last edited:
Try using Diamond Cracker while in reverse gravity. You're stuck.

Also, I really wish the ability worked differently. I was hoping to be able to do it directly on top of a crawla and hop uberhigh. I am sad.

Also, sometimes I accidentally use Diamond Cracker in the middle of a walljump. I'm pretty clumsy with Senku's walljump in the first place, so nobody should be surprised.

Oh right forgot to mention, please read the known bugs section in the first post before posting in case of mentioning already known bugs. :x

Senku, for the 4th bug... whenever you activate the soc, if you activate it for a certain period of time, while getting hurt, you become invincible and stuff. Just letting you know how it happens.

When you slam onto the ground it should make some sort of THUD noise. It's so dead without a sound effect there. Like throwing a pillow on the ground. A very dirty pillow that makes deadly dust go everywhere and kill everything.

This has bothered me for a while but on the run frames he feet should overlap his jacket. It does this on the walk frames but not the run, and it bothers me. Also I downloaded this version of the wad rather than the whole pack and it doesn't play the sound still.

The hell.. it doesn't play a sound anymore.. I might need to contact Draykon about this, cause I'm not sure where to fix this.

I remember when he told me how to add it to the Rosy wad. Not sure which thing # you go to, but you make deathsound = 229 for the thwomp noise. If you don't know which either then I suggest messing around with them until you get it right.

Ok.. I added the sound to the Diamond Cracker ability, I also just shaved off ALL bugs cept #7 and an unlisted bug where the Diamond Cracker move would occasionally spawn 2 debree objects and play the deathsound twice too. I'm hoping to see if the double spawning bug can be fixed then I'll release the new wad. The only bug I can't see to fix is the reverse gravity bug. I do hope it gets fixed.

Update canceled.. the wad decided to screw up after fixing everything and now I can't get the damn thing back to the state explained above. Prime nor Draykon seem to be in the mood for SOCing lately. :<

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back