Post your Desktop

108enwk.png

Knuckles Chaotix is pretty horrid, but at least it looks slick.

Last edited:
desktop31102010.png

Yeah, still one monitor short, need to get another card put in there again.

My chromium os flow screenshot

ChromiumOS_Flow_-_menu.png

and yes this is the new os google might release and I used it to make this post.
Isn't Chromium OS awesome (Chrome os and Chromium os are linux based linux users).

Last edited:
Ugh, Chrome OS. I still think it's a terrible idea. There is no standardization in web applications, nor is there any decent interoperability. That's where the local working environment is supposed to come in and save you, but Chrome OS doesn't really give that to you.

Anyway:

Desktop-10-11.png

It's not the upcoming 4.6. I only wish it was. At least it's the latest stable version. Arch Linux, I love you for not being outdated like other distros are.

Last edited:
Yeah, chromium os does suck when you need a file browser but besides chromium os, kubuntu is my favorite.

Edit: The only real reason that I have chromium os is my school netbook internet doesn't work on there edited system at home. So I have to stick with this though I am thinking about putting kubuntu netbook edition on my flash drive so I can live boot it.

Last edited:
Kubuntu's not a real great distro for KDE SC. Hey, their KDE SC implementation is better than OpenSUSE's though. Then again, all distros have a better KDE SC than OpenSUSE.

Currently trying out the KDE SC 4.6 Beta 1. There are numerous issues with stuff like stability and layout correctness, but that should be expected in a beta. Right now I think 4.6 is awesome because it lets me do this:

Desktop-10-11-46b1.png

That whole thing in the middle I was able to construct myself with Plasma's new Grouping feature. I can create a sort of container where I can have multiple "tabs" of widget arrangements. Pretty awesome because previously I've been using Activities to do the same thing, and now Activities are sort of being geared toward a different purpose (that is, being a session manager for different projects and the like).

Currently trying out the KDE SC 4.6 Beta 1. There are numerous issues with stuff like stability and layout correctness, but that should be expected in a beta. Right now I think 4.6 is awesome because it lets me do this:

Desktop-10-11-46b1.png

That whole thing in the middle I was able to construct myself with Plasma's new Grouping feature. I can create a sort of container where I can have multiple "tabs" of widget arrangements. Pretty awesome because previously I've been using Activities to do the same thing, and now Activities are sort of being geared toward a different purpose (that is, being a session manager for different projects and the like).

Makes me wanna go back to KDE.

Anyways:
inspired_future_desktop_by_takashika_kyatto247-d32qjq0.png

Ok, so get this. The small screen is my laptop screen which I have set as my secondary screen and it's in Standard Definition and the big one is my main screen; is in High Definition so Sonic come out in to different colors. On the big one, Sonic comes out in his true blue color but on the small one, Sonic comes out in a less defined color.
wallpaper-2.png

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back