Can't host my game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrStephen

My PhD is made out of foam.
Judge
Okay, I can't host my game using port 5029. So I used the -ucpport command and see if it worked. Well, I used a random number, then tried 5002.

Both the numbers made the Server appear in the Master Server page on this message board; but I noticed that the Gametype was Unknown, there was an X on the ping, etc.

Am i doing something wrong? Please help me, I really want to host my own game.

Okay, I can't host my game using port 5029. So I used the -ucpport command and see if it worked. Well, I used a random number, then tried 5002.

Both the numbers made the Server appear in the Master Server page on this message board; but I noticed that the Gametype was Unknown, there was an X on the ping, etc.

Am i doing something wrong? Please help me, I really want to host my own game.

Did you set it to UDP? I think you have to do that for it to work as well, although I'm not entirely sure. Try it and see if it works.

You may need to change some firewall settings if it still isn't working.
Press the start button in the taskbar, search "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" in your computer's search bar, press enter, then in the left sidebar click "Inbound Rules". From there, find your SRB2 exe on the list. There should be a rule with a private profile and UDP protocol, so double click that and in the popup select the option that says "Allow the connection".

Last edited:
Updated my post, it should work now, assuming you forwarded your ports correctly in the first place.

Last edited:
Wait! I think I've found the problem. Where you set the 5029 port and UDP, go there again. What you should find is an 'IP Address' which you can type in, you're gonna need to find the correct IP, to do so. Search for the command prompt, and then type 'ipconfig' in it. A whole bunch of stuff will appear, but you need to find the 'IPv4 Address'. Use that as the IP address, try that and come back and say if it's worked or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back