Level Design Contest - January Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

a441

Get the wad here.

As before, copy and paste the below, give each map a rating from 1-10 based on your experiences playing the map (in match, with actual other people!), and give a brief description of why you rated it as you did.

MAP01, Sylvan Island:
MAP02, Sea Shell Zone:
MAP03, Astral Fortress Zone:
MAP04, Towers Zone:
MAP05, Mirror Room Zone:
MAP06, Flooded Valley Zone:
MAP07, Barlin Base Zone:
MAP08, The Dunes:
MAP09, Distorted Reality Zone:
MAP10, MI II:
MAP11, Forsaken Outpost Zone:
MAP12, Abandoned Paradise Zone:
MAP13, River Side Zone:

The map's authors will be revealed when voting is over. (Submitters, if you want to tell people which maps are yours ahead of time, that's fine.)

There's no official "netgame", man.
You just join any netgame that happens to have the wad loaded.

Maybe a441 doesn't want people to vote just on who made it this time? That was a big problem last month, you know. :evil:

Well if people have to vote it would probaly best if someone hostsed a game.

I could host my friend said i have an avaridg ping of 100 8) (to confused players that is a good connection).

There's no music in mine, Sylvan Island, but that's okey. I like it with music, and I think that it should have it for the ultimate Sylvan experiance!

a441 emailed me saying that music isn't allowed, so he removed it for me because I was too lazy to get around to resending it.

If you'd like to download the version with music, here it is below. No change to the actual level design was made.

www.sepwich.com/lotr-srb2/other/mta_sylvanisland.zip

Before you criticize my map because of the god awful framerate, you should know that I've made a slightly different version to rectify the problem. No actual changes have been made to the map, I just deleted the tree, which was a massive framerate whore. If you want it, just ask, and I'll send it to you.

Distorted Reality has a bug in the sky that I can't seem to figure out. I left it there, but it doesn't affect gameplay in the least.

*author, he is the author, of course, you arent suppost to ask because we dont want to vote because of favorites... please try using periods... (another lesson i learned the hard way.... maybe not...)

For MAP06, Flooded Valley Zone, "argh! 'dis is a nice place for me and my pallies! ... eh? whats this? shiver me timbers! a floating spring in the edge! what ho? ah! they're all over the place? what kind of place is this?? its springs gone mad!! ahhhh!"

hehe sorry i just had to say that.

Also for MAP05, Mirror Room Zone, ...shouldnt there be the mirror room music from Sonic Adventure, instead of map42? wow.. a mirror room with a radical song.. how odd.....

I pretty much have all of my opinions down, but they mean nothing until I actually play a netgame on the contest wad. I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. >_>

hotdog003 said:
Since Raytracing is in the software version, wouldn't reflections be possible?
The only DOOM-based reflections I've seen (and that's in ZDOOM, might I add, which would make it tricky to port over) require a large blank space (i.e.: "no sector"-area, which wouldn't settle well with our thok barriers) behind the mirror so that the area being reflected would render properly; else there'd be some weird errors I've yet to experiment with. Either way it wouldn't work for the level in question.

At least they didn't abuse the HOM effect, that'd have been ugly.

You know, Ritz, getting a friend over who has SRB2 and doing a splitscreen game is essentially the same as a netgame.

No one that I know would be intelligent enough to even add a wad into the game on their own. Besides, most of the people I know don't own computers, and generally suck at video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back