Four 2.1 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean that secret eggmobile boss in ERZ2? Sorry for spoiling, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows about the disco room. =P

So, since the Armageddon shield appears to have multiple layers, how exactly will layering like that work for sprites in 2.1? (As in, how will the average spriter make them?)

There aren't any new levels besides CEZ3, but most of the levels have been modified to some extent. In some cases it's just small fixes and improvements (DSZ), in some cases it's a serious revamp (THZ1, CEZ1) and in the case of CEZ2, half of the level is entirely new. There are only four levels missing anyway, if you think about it: the second and third acts of ACZ and RVZ.
And the entirety of DCZ.

I still wished we could have an actual ice/snow level; I mean since Sonic 3, almost every sonic game had one.

But oh well. I'll just have to deal w/ it.

I still wished we could have an actual ice/snow level; I mean since Sonic 3, almost every sonic game had one.

Games since Sonic 3 that didn't have snow or ice stages:
Sonic & Knuckles
Knuckles Chaotix
Sonic Blast
Sonic Adventure 2 (DC version)
Sonic Heroes
Shadow The Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis
Sonic and The Secret Rings
Sonic Rush
Sonic Rivals 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode I
Sonic and the Black Knight
Sonic Colours
Sonic Generations

Pretty sure that forms a vast majority of Sonic's platformer games.

Last edited:
Classic Sonic games that HAD a snow level: Sonic 3.

While I personally wouldn't mind eventually having a snow level in SRB2, it isn't like ice levels are particularly common in classic Sonic. There's only Ice Cap.

There were also Robotnik Winter (Triple Trouble) and Diamond Dust (Sonic 3D). That's a lot of variation within the winter theme: the former features snow and blizzard gimmicks, the later has slippery ice and flowing snow, and IceCap uses lots of ice-made hazards.

The best place to sneak a bit of winter into the main game would be Red Volcano Act 2, if you want it to have exterior sections (and it should, IMO), it makes perfect sense at the cold peak of a tall mountain!
By the way, is it planned to include freezing in SRB2? That is, a cold air-producing machine/enemy that turns Sonic into a popsicle.

Ironic, because back in SRB2's Christmas days, people couldn't wait for us to depart from the winter theme.

That's because it was everywhere and we piratically couldn't avoid it. Now, however, going without an ice level at all feels strange, there sure are plenty of textures to make use of it.

To make use of it outside of Multiplayer I might add.

Also I really can't see a RVZ2 when you guys were starting on an Ice Mountain Act 2 that was supposed to start at the end of RVZ1.

Hell, I can definitively see a boss out of this with snow/ice and fire gimmicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back