Srb2world help 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey6018

Also *Dragoon*The*Dragon*
  • as you may have already read my mod project in the editing section in Srb2 world with pics.I'm not an soc whiz,and I need help with my SOC's(if they are possible with soc's) .

• I'm making 5 missiles that will fire out and the follow its enemy sort of like a magnet ring combined with a scatter ring
  • How can i make it do light dash or was that just in the older version of srb2??
  • can I change the speed of the character??
  • what do I do to make a character run on water(besides doing spin-dash or being super)?
  • how can I make some thing give of a REAL explosion??
  • and how do you make items match items appear in single-player and coop?
these are just some I need help if not I might not finish!

Last edited:
Guess you'll never finish then, sadly. Most of these aren't available to make with SOCs. :C

So which ones would I be able to do?? or at least close I dont really really need them but they would be very nice effects for the game I got close to makeing heat seeking missiles until It wouldn't work any more..............

• what do I do to make a character run on water(besides doing spin-dash or being super)?
You could put an invisible FOF really close to the surface of the water that's a fast conveyor that automatically sends the character into their running frames.

You could put an invisible FOF really close to the surface of the water that's a fast conveyor that automatically sends the character into their running frames.
That's a great idea!!now i just need to figure out what to do with the other questions any other great ideas??(for some reason that sounds sarcastic but it's not)

• I'm making 5 missiles that will fire out and the follow its enemy sort of like a magnet ring combined with a scatter ring
Sounds sort of like a Deton mixed with Eggman's missiles from DSZ3. Not sure if combining that is possible with Soccing, but who knows?

• can I change the speed of the character??

• how can I make some thing give of a REAL explosion??
  • and how do you make items macth items appear in singleplayer and coop?
these are just some I need help if not I'll never finish!

If I recall, the speed of a character is handled under their S_SKIN.

By a REAL explosion what do you mean? You can make it so something calls A_OLDRINGEXPLODE, and set the debris to like fire or something.

And that last one I think means match weapons right?

I haven't used Doom Builder in ages, but I think they are under 'things' right?

How much do you know about SOCing? I know a tiny bit, but prolly enough to help.

What do you want to trigger the explosion?

I know a lot about socking. I read about it in the wiki and practiced it, but is still need help with some thought plus I use the socking program I dont like to use notepad although some times i have to because soc editing can sometimes make mistakes in cut-scenes or in level headers for some reason

Also about speed, you could try putting a few tics of the speedup powerup in the running frames of the player. Never tried it but it might work.

Also about speed, you could try putting a few tics of the speedup powerup in the running frames of the player. Never tried it but it might work.
yes It might work I'll try it once I get home,also what about knuckles ability I want to make break strong rocks and only by him. I know its possiable just That I do not know which FOF is the right one or what to put in it.

Sorry, I don't use Doom Builder-- I have no idea what a FOF is. I don't have the patience for level making.

Sorry, I don't use Doom Builder-- I have no idea what a FOF is. I don't have the patience for level making.
hm... long time that i have not answered any way i don't really care what triggers the explosion well I guess just hitting the person or a wall in a specific to trigger it thats all i guess

Yeah, that still doesn't help. I'm talking about like is it a weapon ring? Is it an enemy's attack?

maybe i should just change the sounds of it and the look of the ring and maybe just tweak it around !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back