Is bunnyhopping and/or speedstrafing present in this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply wondering, since the game is based off of the Doom engine, and the two tricks are common occurences in FPS engines. BTW, in case you don't know, bunnyhopping is jumping repeatedly while moving to go faster (sometimes to insane speeds), and speedstrafing is moving forward while strafing and turning at the same time to go faster. Bunnyhopping is in almost every single FPS ever (in fact, the only ones that don't have it probably don't even have a jump function), and speedstrafing is most apparent in games like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, where it's almost required to unlock the time-based secrets.

We don't really have bunnyhopping, per se... One of the main bases of this game is "run really fast". Being a Sonic-type platformer, you can jump, run, etc. a lot faster than normal FPSs.

We DO have a ton of other cool tricks and techniques, though.

We have something LIKE speedstrafing...

Spin & strafe. You pick up a good amount of speed after a while.

That doesn't really work well, though. Especially when you could just thok (as Sonic). Even so, you can maintain spin forever that way, so that's a plus.

We have:

-Monitor Bouncing/Hopping
-Speed Fly
-Water Skip

...and many more, but I don't know all of them.

Thanks. I'm not sure if you mean't that bunnyhopping isn't possible at all, or if it's still possible, just overshadowed by other speed tricks. Could you please clarify that?

The physics engine has been changed a lot from Doom, and I think both of those things you say simply don't work anymore (they don't affect on player's speed).

I think the speedstrafing one actually comes from poor design of some engines. I recall a CELstart demo having this issue (if you go straight foward you go slowly, but if you do it while rotating you go a lot faster). No idea why :/

Ash said:
That doesn't really work well, though. Especially when you could just thok (as Sonic). Even so, you can maintain spin forever that way, so that's a plus.

We have:

-Speed Fly
-Water Skip

I discovered one ages ago, with Tails. It lets you run on water for roughly 2 milliseconds.

Triangle Trumper said:
Ash said:

We have:

-Speed Fly
-Water Skip

I discovered one ages ago, with Tails. It lets you run on water for roughly 2 milliseconds.

Unless of course you have got a Speed-up. This allows Tails to go into his running frames and run on water, properly.

Monster, if you spin as Tails, and then jump on the water immediately after spin dashing, Tails will walk on it for a second. That is an expert technique that is rarely used, but it allows for another jump on top of the water. This happens because Tails can run on water when he reaches a high enough speed. His spin speed is apparently high enough for this to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back