How to loop music in Srb2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure

Is it possible to loop music in Srb2 and if so how is it done? I have added a song that is not part of Srb2 onto one of my maps and every time it plays it starts back to the beginning. I want to know if it is possible to loop the song. Help is greatly appreciated.

Yes I use the wiki. If it weren't for the wiki I would've never learned to make maps in the first place. I just never thought that the wiki would have info on this. =P

---------- Post added 08-15-2010 at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-14-2010 at 11:19 PM ----------

Sorry for the double post but when I inserted the loop point (on Winamp) in the comments box and after importing it into my wad the song did not loop. Instead it did what it normally did and started back to the beginning when it ended. By the way the song is an MP3, it lasts 2:25 minutes, it is 44100 Hz and I want it to loop to 59 seconds. So in the comments box I typed this: LOOPPOINT=2601900 and yet it did not loop. I am sure I did everything right so why isn't the song looping?

Last edited:
Yeah, I think the wiki is inaccurate there; mp3s won't loop. You'll have to turn it into an ogg before you can use a looppoint.

Thankfully I have a program that will and has allowed me to convert the MP3 to ogg. I followed the same steps and my song finally looped. Thank you for your help.

I think the subject is closed, however, if it can more help, the software Audacity can open most music files including OGG, and do not force you to get the loop point. You select the musical portion of your piece that does will not trade in the music of SRB2, and CTRL + K to delete.
It is easy to use, and if you do not download on the official site but rather on 01net, etc., it will be free.

Finally, if you prefer the point system loop with Winamp, no problem.

What? Audacity is a free and open source program. The official website has it for free. I use Audacity to export all my OGGs. I use a trial version of GoldWave for exporting SFX.

Another way of using Audacity for Loop Points

You can keep the beginning of the track safe without having to crop it out by doing it this way in Audacity.

1. Highlight the starting point and go all the way to the end of the track that you want the music to stop at and trim it.

2. Then go to your looping point, and look at the Audio Position. It should say something like **.*** s.

3. Have that in your calculator and times it by the Hz (EX. 34.035 * 44100 = 1500943 (ignore the number past the decimal))

4. Once that is done, go into File --> Edit Metadata and look for a blank column and put in LOOPPOINT and in the value column, the number you calculated.

5. Press OK and export it as an OGG File and use SLADE to make a wad and insert the music into the entry list and set a lumpname for it. To find out which lumpname plays on what tune number, use this link as a guide. wiki.srb2.org/wiki/MusicSlots

If everything worked out OK, the music should loop in SRB2 when it reaches the end.

You can keep the beginning of the track safe without having to crop it out by doing it this way in Audacity.

1. Highlight the starting point and go all the way to the end of the track that you want the music to stop at and trim it.

2. Then go to your looping point, and look at the Audio Position. It should say something like **.*** s.

3. Have that in your calculator and times it by the Hz (EX. 34.035 * 44100 = 1500943 (ignore the number past the decimal))

4. Once that is done, go into File --> Edit Metadata and look for a blank column and put in LOOPPOINT and in the value column, the number you calculated.

5. Press OK and export it as an OGG File and use SLADE to make a wad and insert the music into the entry list and set a lumpname for it. To find out which lumpname plays on what tune number, use this link as a guide. wiki.srb2.org/wiki/MusicSlots

If everything worked out OK, the music should loop in SRB2 when it reaches the end.

Woah dude, that's a four year bump. D:

I'm pretty sure that Metal Fighter has found his answer a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back