SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Levels (2.0.X)

Mystic Realm v.4.5 (scr_mysticrealm.wad) Details »»
Mystic Realm v.4.5 (scr_mysticrealm.wad)
Developer Last Online: Jun 2019

Version: SRB2 Rating: (21 votes - 4.43 average)
Released: 12-06-2010 Last Update: Never Installs: 26
Single Player Levels SOCs Scripts Sprites/Graphics

Mystic Realm is a level mod for SRB2 with over 30 stages, a bunch of secrets, and a lot of stuff to do. Being originally created in 2003 and last updated in 2006, Mystic Realm is one of the oldest SRB2 modifications. As such, many of the levels here will likely feel dated nowadays after SRB2 2.0 included far more interesting single player stages with far more depth. On the other hand, an insane amount of love and devotion was put into this, and while the stages lack in modern size and depth, they do still have it where it counts. If you're looking for a bunch of moderately decent single player content or have a nostalgia for older versions of SRB2, Mystic Realm should last you quite a while.

This is a straight port of Mystic Realm thanks to the efforts of Ezer.Arch, Kaysakado, Prime 2.0, and SpiritCrusher. There are a few minor changes to the boss SOC to make it far less painful and unfair and Knuckles can climb walls in SPZ and AGZ again, but for the most part this is exactly as it was four years ago.

Known Issues:
  • Completing Mystic Realm Zone (all emerald Sonic clear) does not enable the level select on the save that did so. Instead it unlocks the level select in the secrets menu.
  • There is an extra emblem because SRB2 2.0 has a bug in custom content. Max emblems in this release is actually 76/75.

Download Now

File Type: zip scr_mysticrealm.zip (7.10 MB, 16514 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20063.png
Views:	113439
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	1208   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20064.png
Views:	2289
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	1209   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20065.png
Views:	2135
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	1210   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20066.png
Views:	2458
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	1211   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20068.png
Views:	2018
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	1212  

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20069.png
Views:	1941
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	1213   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20067.png
Views:	2275
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	1214  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 12-22-2010   #62
Kim the Fox!!!
What am I doing here?

Both, IIYoshiII. It is in the Wiki.
<~Kim the Fox> I think he'd love to hear that personally.
<@Miles Knuckles Power> Yea XD
Aww, they love each other so much :D
Old 12-23-2010   #63
IIYoshiII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim the Fox!!! View Post
Both, IIYoshiII. It is in the Wiki.
Gotcha. The Wiki's explanation somewhat confused me =|
Old 12-23-2010   #64
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

You'll hear the Zelda chime when you open a door, so it'll give you a queue at least.
Old 12-24-2010   #65
IIYoshiII

So, do I just backtrack once I hear the chime? Or is there a specific route I need to take.

This zone is hard with Sonic. =|
Old 12-24-2010   #66
Alex2608

you need to backtrack once you hear it
Old 12-25-2010   #67
Medibrett
Medicine at it's finest.

In JCZ1, is there a way to get Sonic's Emblem in that level? I have the other two in JCZ1, just not this particular emblem from this stage.
Old 12-25-2010   #68
Fawfulfan
The Tortured Planet guy

That emblem requires some skill to collect. You know where it is, right? You need to bounce on Crawlas in the water to jump high enough to reach that ledge.
Old 12-25-2010   #69
Metal-Rawr
Friendly lurker, I promise.

It's kind of wierd. The Emblem that requires a lot of skills comparing to some other Sonic Emblems is in the very first stage in this mod. It's a good thing I'm not that intrested in collecting Emblems, I just take it when I see it...
Old 12-27-2010   #70
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

It was actually on purpose that the very first stage's Sonic emblem is extremely hard to collect. In hindsight I think the required Crawla bouncing there is a bit excessive, but it was most definitely on purpose. I always liked the design of hiding stuff in the first stage that a beginner will never notice but an expert will find challenging to acquire. Gives the level something for people other than just the newbies, since the stage is designed as an intro to the game mechanics.
Old 01-06-2011   #71
Gemini Spark
The EX version

YES!!! It's taken me a while to finally notice this, but now that I have I shall enjoy it for... at least until 2.1 comes out! :)
Old 01-09-2011   #72
SEGA.exe
SEGAholic The EXEcutable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawfulfan View Post
That emblem requires some skill to collect. You know where it is, right? You need to bounce on Crawlas in the water to jump high enough to reach that ledge.

That's the only way to get it.

No skills = You are missing the first emblem.
Old 01-10-2011   #73
Nekoishi
Is actually

Been playing this a bit and it's pretty awesome.
I got all the way to Sunken Plant Zone 2 with tails then i quit, meaning i'm going to have to redo the first act, but oh well.

got around 23 emblems, 5 emeralds with tails, tails has like 90 lives, etc.

The only complaint i have so far is that TVZ1 ends pretty abruptly for tails and knuckles.
http://puu.sh/mtIMI.png
Old 01-10-2011   #74
SEGA.exe
SEGAholic The EXEcutable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuyuko View Post
Been playing this a bit and it's pretty awesome.
I got all the way to Sunken Plant Zone 2 with tails then i quit, meaning i'm going to have to redo the first act, but oh well.

got around 23 emblems, 5 emeralds with tails, tails has like 90 lives, etc.

The only complaint i have so far is that TVZ1 ends pretty abruptly for tails and knuckles.
I have 4 slots saved, to collect the emblems of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.
And a fourth slot for the emeralds, playing as Sonic.
Old 01-16-2011   #75
metalsonicmk72

I've encountered a bit of a problem regarding Tails' emblem in Verdant Forest Act 2. It doesn't appear to exist. I've gone to where the wiki even says it is, looked at the screenshot, was sure I was in the exact spot, and it just didn't seem to exist at all.

To verify the find, I have checked the coordinates in the MAINCFG where it should be (I believe it's Emblem 17) and then searched for the area around the coordinates only to return to the area the screenshot on the wiki said it would be. Reset SRB2, and returned to that spot, where the emblem, once again, didn't exist. Have I gone insane?
Old 01-16-2011   #76
Jeck Jims
Oh, THAT guy...

Some of the Wiki's Emblems are reversed, at least the last time I checked. Sometimes if it says to take one path, the emblem is in an identical spot on the other. That zone has splits right? So check the other path.
Old 01-16-2011   #77
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Mind giving examples?
Old 01-16-2011   #78
Jeck Jims
Oh, THAT guy...

Like I said, It was the last time I checked, which was awhile ago, before the official 2.0 release. All I know is that either the wiki was wrong, or the Wad I was using had it in the wrong place. (sct_mysticrealm20v5.wad) As of now the Wiki is correct with THIS Mysticrealm. Sorry if I caused you to waste your time to check.
Old 01-16-2011   #79
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

I don't see why any of the previous ports would have moved the emblems randomly. They're based on coordinates and porting maps wouldn't move them.
Old 01-16-2011   #80
Ezer.Arch
ArchPack developer

It's more likely the Wiki is wrong. I myself took screenshots of all emblems, and I remember I had troubles on finding out some emblems by reading the wiki. The emblem's coords help me out a lot.

Besides, the MR wiki is unfinished and is in dire need of a revision.

Now, the emblem in question (VFZ2's Tails): http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/File:MAPA8...lm_emblemT.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeck View Post
Sorry if I caused you to waste your time to check.
No problem.

Last edited by Ezer.Arch; 01-16-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-16-2011   #81
metalsonicmk72

Alright, I was able to locate the emblem by searching down the other path for the spot that appears to be identical to that one. Duplicate areas are so confusing... Anyways, thanks guys.