Help with Block Over Bustable Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate

a scar in time...
Yes, I have finally begun work on Rebirth Green Hill Zone Act 2.

-The highlighted sector is a bustable block, as well as the ones next to it.
-The bustable blocks are working correctly and have a height of 100.
-I have been unable to figure out how to make a solid piece of land above those bustable blocks which will not break when the blocks below it are busted. (Ex. Green Flower Zone Act 1 path to the emerald). Can someone please help me with this?

On a side note, if any of you could direct me to a good SOCing tutorial, it would be much appreciated. I looked on the wiki and throughout this forum but was unable to find one. Perhaps I didn't search correctly.

BustableBlock.jpg

How about i help you out eh?

Well listen after you set up your FOF for the bustable block and you set its floor heights and ceiling heights, then what you want to do is find out that sectors tag (the one you want to make solid wall above)
Remember that tag, then what you want to do is make a small sector outside the map, this is called a control sector.

1. First give one of the control sector's linedef the action "Shadowcasting FOF (sector lighting used below)" and tag that linedef to the sector that you want to make a second FOF on.

2. now youre going to manually set up the FOF, now click on the control sector in sectors mode, and set the floor height and ceiling height for the FOF. (the ceiling and floor heights are applied the sameway in using the FOF tool)

Example: So say your bustable block is on the ground ok, the heights are:
bottom height : 100, top height: 300

ok now what youre going to do is manually set up the FOF like i said before, in the control sector's heights youll want to make:
Bottom height: 300, Top height: however far up you want the FOF to be.

If you have anymore questions dont be afraid to pm me, i dont mind answering questions. (since nobody on this forum really pms me at all. T-T)

Thank you so very much! Your explanation was so clear that I was immediately able to figure it out, thank you so much T-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back