Abandoned Factory Zone - Singleplayer level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guitarplaya

This is a Single player level, hope you like it. Try and find the secret!

P.S. Do not tell me there are too many enemies. These are here so you don't just win. Levels need more challenge.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/eeor56 <- Sendspace

http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=8800fcd8776da9c546ae54d91b73149e <- SRB2FFH

Screens:

Start area
srb20158lc6.png

Graveyard (sorry if i'm not good at them)
srb20161ix8.png

Street area
srb20162do9.png

Final sprint
srb20164st0.png

Constructive criticism would be appreciated.

The screenshots look a bit interesting, but I can see that the level is probably too tall and all, I'm not downloading it though. :<

Challenge cannot be made up by enemies alone. It has to be a combination of enemies, platforming and hazards.

Ash said:
Try again.

What made you think that you could make up a lack of challenge with hoards of enemies?

Ok, why do you guys post links to level designing 101? It just redirects me to level design. I skip these links. I just shove the url in my browser's adress. Yes, yes, I know you're saying that my level needs improvement.

Yes, it has hazards. Especially at the end. Platforming? Point, Jazz. Only has one death pit, I'll do better next time.

Guitarplaya said:
Ash said:
Try again.

What made you think that you could make up a lack of challenge with hoards of enemies?

Ok, why do you guys post links to level designing 101? It just redirects me to level design. I skip these links. I just shove the url in my browser's adress. Yes, yes, I know you're saying that my level needs improvement.

Instead of skipping the link, try reading the link, it's supposed to help you improve your level.

To people who want a summary of this map, just say that it's one of Glaber's map without the AFALL.

Cheese said:
Guitarplaya said:
Ash said:
Try again.

Instead of skipping the link, try reading the link, it's supposed to help you improve your level.

I said:
I know you're saying that my level needs improvement.

[/quote]

Chaos said:
To people who want a summary of this map, just say that it's one of Glaber's early maps without the AFALL.

Fixed, Repairs in bold.

Oh and Chaos, you're just begging me to download his map aren't you?

Edit: Just played this and I got to say Try replicating some levels for yourself first then see how well they play for you. Don't release them. Once you have a good Idea of level design try your hand at making originals again.
An alternative suggestion is to read and build along with the level building tutioral. This suggestion would be the most recommended.

One more thing. Chaos! I'm now insulted. My levels may have started out at the low playability (Spiral Mountain), But I have improved (Daimondus CTF + Medivo CTF).

Too open, from the screen, looks like it's filled with enemies(Never said there were too many, referring to the first post ^_~), random torches and too many gargoyles. And it's very... very... flat...

Try adding more "texture" (for instance, tunnels, stairs, ect), and just experiment until you can put what you've learned into an awesome map. Don't release what you're experimenting with, as glaber said, though.

Glaber, when I talk about your maps and sucking, I mean those Eggman ones, with them all in a row.

All your other maps kick ass.

It was WAAAYYY to linear. As already said, too many crawlas don't increase the difficulty. Please, scrap the zone! I could finish it in 49 seconds! Guitarplaya/Shy Dog, this was one of your worst works.

Glaber said:
But I have improved (Daimondus CTF)
For me it was a Greenflower CTF with ice walls. But from some people you can do a great netgame with it. I never play netgames, though. It's the maiority's opinion that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back