Why does everyone hate Sonic Heroes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super mystic sonic said:
GCFreak said:
Lol, thank you tails. Anyways, back on topic. I reckon I don't like Team Chaotix' story, it's not as fast as the others.

Worse. It takes too much time to complete all those useless missions. Isn't a Sonic game about speed? Puzzles seem to ruin Sonic games.

Sonic Heroes ruined Sonic. Sonic X ruined the Sonic voices, and SA ruined the classic sonic style.

GCFreak said:
Super mystic sonic said:
GCFreak said:
Lol, thank you tails. Anyways, back on topic. I reckon I don't like Team Chaotix' story, it's not as fast as the others.

Worse. It takes too much time to complete all those useless missions. Isn't a Sonic game about speed? Puzzles seem to ruin Sonic games.

Sonic Heroes ruined Sonic. Sonic X ruined the Sonic voices, and SA ruined the classic sonic style.

SA brought a actual "cool" style to Sonic. But after SH, it has gone down with Sonic.

Super mystic sonic said:
GCFreak said:
Super mystic sonic said:
GCFreak said:

SA brought a actual "cool" style to Sonic. But after SH, it has gone down with Sonic.

SA brought cool things like the thok and lightdash. That's the only things I liked about them.

GCFreak said:
Super mystic sonic said:
GCFreak said:
Super mystic sonic said:
GCFreak said:

SA brought cool things like the thok and lightdash. That's the only things I liked about them.

Thanks to SA, I've become a Sonic fan. If SA wouldn't exist, I'd never like Sonic, neither would I have SRB2 in that case.

The Sonic Adventure series only made Sonic "cool" to kids. He was cooler in the older games. Why? Because he didn't try to be cool, he just was. And when it comes to Sonic X screwing up the voices, heck, at least it fixed Tails voice. And like I said before, I don't care how fast Sonic can go, all I care about is that I can control him at that speed. Sega should look at the controls and camera presented in SRB2, and use it in their next game, because the SRB2 engine feels more like Sonic than the SA-SA2 engine.

lol, subject

SA 1/SADX was probobly the best one out of all sonic games. Go ahead and flame me for it, but it's true. Sonic Adventure 2 was awesome, but I didn't like it as much because the characters were too similer and there wasn't an adventure field. However, you still had the awesome speed with the speed type characters, cool music, and some fun multiplayer battles n such. And they both had chao which put longevity into the game.

Sonic Heroes not only lacks in speed department (Usually when running you like run for 2 seconds then stop for a stupid puzzle that's either super easy or just plain retarded because it gives you the answers already pretty much). I thought the team thing might be cool- but when I found out that it tells you which team you have to be and such, then it totally ruined it. I'd like to be able to find out these puzzles on my own. And then the fact that every team was virtually the same, save a few things like espio's invisability. But wait, Team Chaotix itself was waaaay off track on what a sonic game should be. YAY I GET TO RUN AROUND THE SAME LEVEL FOR HOURS LOOKING FOR HERMIT CRABS, what joy! Please. If it were adventourus and the levels didn't go in a circle, It'd be alot more fun. Like it was in SA.

The other 3 teams are the same, maybe some visual differences, but otherwise virtually the same. That's no fun atall when theres barely ANY originality. The horrible level design, bad voice acting (And you guys thought sonic adventure was bad...), and tedius music, added in with all the other problems, just makes it an all around bad game. I'd honestly rather play Shadow than play Sonic Heroes.

And one more thing, there was no Chao in there. The multiplayer battles were alright I guess but it gets boring and tedius. Atleast with Chao there was something to drive you to play the same level again...

[sarcasm]Everyone hates Sonic Heroes because God made it so.[/sarcasm]

It was inferior, that is why we all hate it.

Re: lol, subject

Cabal8616 said:
SA 1/SADX was probobly the best one out of all sonic games. Go ahead and flame me for it, but it's true. Sonic Adventure 2 was awesome, but I didn't like it as much because the characters were too similer and there wasn't an adventure field. However, you still had the awesome speed with the speed type characters, cool music, and some fun multiplayer battles n such. And they both had chao which put longevity into the game.

Although I like the SA2 chao garden much better then the SA garden, because of the chao kindergarden, the calm music(really, that quick music doesn't fit), and the karate mode. I do like SADX itself better. There's no limit in character levels (15 levels all for Sonic! Yahoo, now that rocks!) a great spindash, endless speed, non-ARC levels, and you're not forced to play with other characters in the story. You can just finish your whole story as Sonic, or whoever.

Sonic Heroes was plenty long, but only because you were forced to play through the same game four times. To me, I dislike Sonic Heroes because:

- The bosses were a bit mudane. They were basically just thok-fests or fist-fests. Especially the Egg Albatross. And sometimes, after damaging it, you will fall into a bottomless pit once the cutscene ends. A game should never do that.

- Increased amount of bottomless pits. This is definitely by far the easiest way to die in the game. And often times they would add silly things above these such as thin planks, and really, thin planks work well in a game like Super Mario 64, but they don't work well with Sonic.

- The levels were just long and painful. Even the second act of the first level felt long. I don't think my 8-year old cousin ever passed that level. Especially since her PS2 version makes her fall through the ground after every other loop.

- Team Chaotix's mission levels were just plain evil. I never passed the second act of the haunted mansion level because you had to put out, like, 64 torches, and I always kept missing some because they were hidden in some secret. Anyone who knows how to design a game knows that you shouldn't force the player to discover every single secret in a level in order to beat it.

- Bugs galore. Once again they never really fixed the movement problems that the previous game had. You can run head-long into a wall, directly perpendicular to it, and you'll bounce off it 90 degrees for some odd reason. It feels too slippery on the ground, and the air control is just weird (stop on a dime in mid-air?!). Also, what I really hate is that the camera system stupidly zooms in on your character after free rotation, and there's no way to get it to zoom out again without jumping up and down for a whole minute.

At first I thought the game was good, but my interest in it declined as I noticed how annoying the game was in certain places. I mean, SA2 was good. Even with its bugs I enjoy the game for some reason. Sonic Heroes didn't quite have that lasting appeal for me.

I liked SH, but I see how it was bad. It is the only 3d sonic game I owned so I did not get to play through SADX or SA2B. I did get to play some levels with my friend and they are fun. I also had mega collection and it was fun, but I was not very good at it. (analog sticks should not be used in a 2d game as it is a little easier to play a 3d game with one)

Sega needs to play SRB2. Period. If you make a Sonic game with the basic ideas like control and camera taken out of SRB2 and with the graphices and other nifty stuff from Sonic Next-Gen, you would have one heck of a good game. Too bad Sega is run by a bunch of grown-up n00bs who think Emo the Hedgehog is so frickin' cool.

>_< I don't like Heroes much either.

1: there's this rail in Air Base that I missed at least a hundred times. no matter if I stayed put, or moved, I missed it.

2: the partner switching thing was not very well pulled off.

3: the level design wasn't all that hot...

However...I REALLY like shadow the Hedgehog. Sure it's not SA2, but it's still pretty darn good!

I did'nt really like SH because:

1: The characters cant stop they slip and slide.

2: The switching of characters slowed down the gameplay alot.

3: The bosses are the same EVERY SINGLE BOSS.But cross out the mini gang group bosses and the part when you have to go super

But I like Shadow the Hedgehog but I cant find that **** fourth chaos emerald or the computer room.It's driving me INSANE':evil:'!

most 3d sonic games arent that good because

basically because sonic team is obseced with speed you go so fast that the game controls your character for you therfore its not challenging

the homing attack thing makes it way too easy to kill enemies

in general all you have to do is hold forward and you can beat any level

Thats why i like srb2, because the game doesnt control you in hard places

The thing I love about 3D Sonic games is the cinematic action, the speed, and the speed thok. (Hate to call it homing attack) Yeah, homing should be removed, although if they do so, they should make the speed thok faster then it is now. I hope they didn't put in the sliding attack again.....I hate that attack. It only slows you down, as if in the 2D Sonic games. Normally, you could charge your spindash while running, and the spindash was extremely fast! Even better, you could stand up again running and do the super fast spindash again.

Oh yeah, the speech in SH was absolute crap!

Plus, the flight was so bad and useless D:

Shall I continue?

See above posts

God saved Sonic with NextGen, much better :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back