SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2013   #1
Seelkadoom
Fear my(Sonic)Spice Powers!

Default What you are most looking forward to in SRB2 2.1

I think these news have given us enough hints about 2.1 to start this thread. It's very simple, just reply it saying what you most want to see in the so-waited SRB2 2.1, based in the hints given to us. I only want to see the new Single-Player gameplay (including new levels, new enemies and possibly new items). LUA scripting, Multiplayer gameplay and features such as the new unlockable system are not as good as Single-Player playing, because that's the main point of SRB2: it's story.

Ah, and if you don't know the hints given, check this page of SRB2 Wiki.

-> Edit - 7/29/13
->Actually, this thread was intended to be a poll, where all hints given would be set as options, but, as i couldn't start the poll... Let's just hear what people prefer about the SRB2 2.1.

Last edited by Seelkadoom; 07-29-2013 at 11:04 PM. Reason: What if...
Old 07-26-2013   #2
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

A spectator option in race. I will literally go to Mystic and give him a BIG hug (Not really) if he puts that in 2.1. But this is not a suggestions page... So ya. I want to see the crazy things Lua has to offer. :D

Also, a topic like this was made not too long ago... http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=37773

Spoiler:
Clearly, I controlled your mind to make you open this spoiler box. You cant resist my power!! I shall control your mind. ^_^

Last edited by speed2411; 07-26-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-26-2013   #3
Rob
Administrator

The initial startup screen.
Old 07-26-2013   #4
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

A man can dream...
Old 07-26-2013   #5
LightspeedX
aka PrismaticAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
A man can dream...
Is... is that Techno Hill Zone act 2? Because it looks freaking amazing.
<toaster> i love you lightspeed
Old 07-26-2013   #6
WellDoneSnake
Formerly "TSDude"

I'd like to see some new cutscenes in the beginning, and that's if they plan on adding more detail to the story.
Old 07-26-2013   #7
Terra
Needy child

Being able to mix abilities together, having a console command to have the flashing color effect the star gives in Mario Koopa blast and have other characters able to transform into super form during single player without using Super Mystic Sonic.
Example:
Say I want to have a character to fly, but also to swim underwater. The thing is, with swimming, you can swim forever, but flying underwater doesn't last forever.
Also, one last thing.
Having a new option to put in the cfg of a wad whether the wad was for an old version or if it was for current version so that the game could somehow load the old palette only onto that wad or something...
Old 07-26-2013   #8
Rob
Administrator

This is not the suggestions topic, please don't turn it into that.
Old 07-26-2013   #9
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSDude View Post
I'd like to see some new cutscenes in the beginning, and that's if they plan on adding more detail to the story.
I doubt that. At this point the intro cutscene is more of a joke/reference than anything. Not meant to be taken seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic fan2000 View Post
Being able to mix abilities together
[...]
Example:
Say I want to have a character to fly, but also to swim underwater. The thing is, with swimming, you can swim forever, but flying underwater doesn't last forever.
Sounds like something you'll be able to do with Lua.

Quote:
having a console command to have the flashing color effect the star gives in Mario Koopa blast
This too, possibly.

Quote:
and have other characters able to transform into super form during single player without using Super Mystic Sonic.
Now that's something I can unequivocally state will never happen. It's an intentional part of the game's design that won't change.

Quote:
Having a new option to put in the cfg of a wad whether the wad was for an old version or if it was for current version so that the game could somehow load the old palette only onto that wad or something...
I'm not sure why you can't just convert the images (it's like a ten-second job in SLADE), but if you really want to retain the old palette, you could import it into the WAD and use the "Palette" level header parameter on every map.
Old 07-26-2013   #10
WellDoneSnake
Formerly "TSDude"

Quote:
I doubt that. At this point the intro cutscene is more of a joke/reference than anything. Not meant to be taken seriously.
That's ok, it's not as if the most of the members here were focused on changes to this anyway also I've hardly seen posts or threads that are related to my post.
Old 07-26-2013   #11
Shadow Hog
Developer

A release date.
Old 07-26-2013   #12
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Quote:

A man can dream...
Is that official or did you make that?

Spoiler:
Clearly, I controlled your mind to make you open this spoiler box. You cant resist my power!! I shall control your mind. ^_^
Old 07-26-2013   #13
Lunar

If you mean what I'm looking forward the most, then it's, by far, skyboxes. They already exist in CB, sure, but only the people that will launch your wad in said executable would see them, which restricts you. (you can't submit levels with skyboxes for OLDC, for example, all of the levels have to be vanilla-compatible, if I've gotten it right) And, of course, there's also lua, which I don't know much about, but based on what's been said about it, it's gonna be a really powerful tool.

Next comes the revamped single-player lineup, which I don't think I need to comment on. And then also come various bugfixes and tweaks. (you can't thok through thin walls anymore, for example)
Old 07-27-2013   #14
Burning-Fox
Does not approve of rails.

Quote:
Now that's something I can unequivocally state will never happen. It's an intentional part of the game's design that won't change.
Oh, I dunno, I think that with Lua and the right know-how, someone could break that barrier and enable super transformations without SMS.

Also I really want to see THZ properly. The new one looks absolutely spectacular.
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I'm a thief.
Old 07-27-2013   #15
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

the Super barrier is already broken thanks to Furious Fox's Super Monitor. With LUA, I suspect it will be blown to bits
Old 07-27-2013   #16
WellDoneSnake
Formerly "TSDude"

Since the "new" cutscene thing is no longer what I would like to see in 2.1, then I would have to say better textures for the THZ red button.
Old 07-27-2013   #17
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning-Fox View Post
Oh, I dunno, I think that with Lua and the right know-how, someone could break that barrier and enable super transformations without SMS.
Yeah, you can probably get around it with Lua. But it will never be an official part of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSDude View Post
Since the "new" cutscene thing is no longer what I would like to see in 2.1, then I would have to say better textures for the THZ red button.
Do I need to post that screenshot again? ;)
Old 07-27-2013   #18
kyllian1212
inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Hog View Post
A release date.
An admin wanting to see a release date? What.

I want to see the ghosts in action. So i can do Super Sonic Racing with them. (lol)
Old 07-27-2013   #19
Zap610

The thing I want to see most would have to be community content. I just took a look at the editing forums and I cringed at the lack of activity.
Old 07-27-2013   #20
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap610 View Post
The thing I want to see most would have to be community content. I just took a look at the editing forums and I cringed at the lack of activity.
What I'd like to see even more than this is more good community content. :V

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Closed Thread