SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-25-2009   #1
Sonic Advance
I like Trains
 
Sonic Advance's Avatar
Default SRB2 Master Server Error

Excuse me... I have SRB2 Problem.
I can't Join any Net Games.
Why?
Today, Yesterday and 2 days ago I have:
longday. Please tell me how do I can repair it.
__________________
Original Signature
Sonic Advance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009   #2
Cue
ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S
 
Cue's Avatar
Default

Code:
masterserver ms.srb2.org:28900
^ in the console.
__________________
Quote:
<+Jev3> btw guys, now that Cue is gone, the Master Server is going to be awesome http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...tistsAreBetter
Quote:
<@Mystic> That's a good idea, Cue.
Cue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009   #3
Autosaver
 
Autosaver's Avatar
Default

Oh, I thought it would be down on Christmas.
Ya know... Holiday time? :P
Autosaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009   #4
RegoTheAlien
Miles Per Hour
Default

Since about 2 days ago, there's no servers I can join plus everytime I host nothing says the master server was updated..... I wanted to host a server on my new laptop.... ah well
RegoTheAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009   #5
Sonic Advance
I like Trains
 
Sonic Advance's Avatar
Default

Thank you Cue!
__________________
Original Signature
Sonic Advance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009   #6
Autosaver
 
Autosaver's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegoTheAlien View Post
Since about 2 days ago, there's no servers I can join plus everytime I host nothing says the master server was updated..... I wanted to host a server on my new laptop.... ah well
Try opening your ports.
Autosaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009   #7
RegoTheAlien
Miles Per Hour
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosaver View Post
Try opening your ports.
This may sound dumb but, how do I open my ports?
RegoTheAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009   #8
Torgo
Developer
 
Torgo's Avatar
Default

You only need to forward your ports when hosting. You don't need to forward ports for joining netgames.

Last edited by Torgo; 12-25-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009   #9
RegoTheAlien
Miles Per Hour
Default

Well I tried hosting/joining on my computer and laptop and still no luck..... I mean c'mon. Plus I tried both wireless and wired internet and still no luck....

OFF TOPIC:
Is it possible for SRB2 to support screensize 15.6inch?
RegoTheAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009   #10
Torgo
Developer
 
Torgo's Avatar
Default

Well, there can be a couple of reasons why you can't connect to the master server.

First thing you should check is the version of your SRB2. Open the console (press the ~ key on your keyboard which is right next to the 1 on most keyboards) and type Version. If it is different then 2.0.4, then use the srb2 updater to update your srb2 to the proper version.

The second thing is where you live, and the time you want to play. There are certain times where more people host SRB2 on the master server. If you don't live in the U.S you might need to pay attention to when people nearer to you host.

Those are the only things I can think of off the top of my head.
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009   #11
mikey6018
Also *Dragoon*The*Dragon*
 
mikey6018's Avatar
Default

I just noticed mine does not want to join any server's too i even tried to reinstall it but it wont work still
__________________
Come to the srb2world world!!srb2world(coming at some point in time!)

{Enter funny comment here}

Last edited by mikey6018; 12-26-2009 at 03:05 AM.
mikey6018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009   #12
RegoTheAlien
Miles Per Hour
Default

I do have the latest version, plus I rarely join servers since I mainly host. I don't get why I cant connect to the master server -_-
RegoTheAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009   #13
mikey6018
Also *Dragoon*The*Dragon*
 
mikey6018's Avatar
Default

-o.o- why do you think srb2 has that error i think its because of the server address or something i mean i play srb2 everyday but 3 day ago when i left for holidays and an hour ago came back i does not WORK!! and mine is version 2.0.4

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

WAIT i just got in !!!!! i had to reput the server address you have to go to options then server options and then enter this server address

ms.srb2.org:28900

and problem solved ^-^

(mikey6018 received a warning for this post: Use correct grammar and spelling.)
__________________
Come to the srb2world world!!srb2world(coming at some point in time!)

{Enter funny comment here}

Last edited by mikey6018; 12-26-2009 at 03:17 AM.
mikey6018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009   #14
RegoTheAlien
Miles Per Hour
Default

Haha, thanks. I can connect perfectly now :D

Though, it would be nice if screen size 15.6 was supported......
RegoTheAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009   #15
mr noob 77
OH MY GOD ITS A BUG!!!
 
mr noob 77's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegoTheAlien View Post
Well I tried hosting/joining on my computer and laptop and still no luck..... I mean c'mon. Plus I tried both wireless and wired internet and still no luck....

OFF TOPIC:
Is it possible for SRB2 to support screensize 15.6inch?

I have the same problem too :(
__________________
Mr noob A.K.A neo the harlequin
mr noob 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #16
Antwonious
A cool sonic artist
 
Antwonious's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
Well, there can be a couple of reasons why you can't connect to the master server.

First thing you should check is the version of your SRB2. Open the console (press the ~ key on your keyboard which is right next to the 1 on most keyboards) and type Version. If it is different then 2.0.4, then use the srb2 updater to update your srb2 to the proper version.

The second thing is where you live, and the time you want to play. There are certain times where more people host SRB2 on the master server. If you don't live in the U.S you might need to pay attention to when people nearer to you host.

Those are the only things I can think of off the top of my head.
Hey hey hey!!! #1: I have the latest version, #2:I have the right msbecause it says "ms.srb2.or:28900, #3 Even if you were far away from another srb2 play you could still connect to the ms but will not be able to find matches due to out of reach servers.

EDIT: scratch that i just realized that i have 2.0.1 so I'll try the updater

EDIT 2: ACH!!! Ok So i clicked on the updater about seven times and this keeps coming up.

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135) Click on OK to terminate the application."
__________________
I'm a nuisance. I KNOW!

I'm ready to die because she is beautiful. We want fun and like to party hard. When it's time to party, I get wet because I'm totally stupid and I like to party party party.

Last edited by Antwonious; 12-27-2009 at 04:38 AM.
Antwonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #17
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher
Moderator
 
MascaraSnake's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxas_the_hedgehog View Post
EDIT 2: ACH!!! Ok So i clicked on the updater about seven times and this keeps coming up.

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135) Click on OK to terminate the application."
Just go to srb2.org, download the 2.0.4 patch exe and replace the old one with it.
MascaraSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #18
Antwonious
A cool sonic artist
 
Antwonious's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
Just go to srb2.org, download the 2.0.4 patch exe and replace the old one with it.
Do you want to know how many times I did that? -_-'
__________________
I'm a nuisance. I KNOW!

I'm ready to die because she is beautiful. We want fun and like to party hard. When it's time to party, I get wet because I'm totally stupid and I like to party party party.
Antwonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009   #19
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher
Moderator
 
MascaraSnake's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxas_the_hedgehog View Post
Do you want to know how many times I did that? -_-'
Well, then you actually HAVE 2.0.4.
MascaraSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010   #20
GoldenDragon
 
GoldenDragon's Avatar
Default

i have a problem like this,
i can join games but when i host no one has ever turned up ive waited for like 3 hours and nobody has turned up on my server.
i even went to other servers and got people to try and find my server but they all say they couldn't find my server
i have the latest version
GoldenDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SRB2 Master server help Root Help 1 05-25-2010 03:38 PM
Master Server error. Sonic Advance Help 34 05-24-2010 06:05 PM
Yes, the SRB2 Master Server is gone. Spazzo SRB2 Discussion 105 04-05-2009 11:01 AM
Is The Srb2 Master Server Down!? Xtreme Starfox SRB2 Discussion 13 04-01-2007 10:46 PM
timeout on master server.connection to master server failed? sasuketo uzuchihamaki Help 9 11-15-2006 02:39 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.