Sprite crashes the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ors

Custom User Title
I'm sure about that it's some of my sprites. This is ORS3A1 (BMP) and every time the game has to render that the SRB2 crashes.
g8w9a2w2ias9nq2fg.jpg

Did you convert it to Doom Format? You have to convert sprites to Doom Format in order for the game to use them. You can do so by right clicking the sprite, going to the 'Gfx' submenu and hitting 'Convert to...'. If you're using SRB2 as a base resource, it should convert the sprite to the Sonic (SRB2) pallete. If it isn't, you can simply change what pallete to convert it to by selecting 'Existing/Global' and choosing it from the drop down menu.

I thought XWE would automaticly convert the sprites to the right format. I don't know perfectly what does doom format mean but at least the sprite looks different with different pallettes.

>XWE

There's your problem right there. You should be using SLADE instead, XWE is hilariously outdated.

You monster. Use SLADE3. Mainly because that is Deathstroke's real name, and because it's much better than XWE.

>XWE

There's your problem right there. You should be using SLADE instead, XWE is hilariously outdated.

Hmm... I can try to get SLADE again. I failed the three last times to get SLADE work.

[EDIT] SLADE works! It works now after three attempts. (weird)

Last edited:
Now just do what Jasper said:

Did you convert it to Doom Format? You have to convert sprites to Doom Format in order for the game to use them. You can do so by right clicking the sprite, going to the 'Gfx' submenu and hitting 'Convert to...'. If you're using SRB2 as a base resource, it should convert the sprite to the Sonic (SRB2) pallete. If it isn't, you can simply change what pallete to convert it to by selecting 'Existing/Global' and choosing it from the drop down menu.

NOTE: As you said, XWE should've converted the sprite automaticly in Doom format, so it's not sure this is our problem here...

Never mind! It works now. Thanks for advice though! The problem was this:
Code:
FREESLOT
SPR_ORS3
I had to move this to MAINCFG from the separate lump that contains the boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back