Virtual Reviews : Shadow The Hedgehog (PS2/GameCube/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimpsuu

Dimpsy
Game : Shadow The Hedgehog
Type : Action/Adventure
Creator : SEGA and Sonic Team
Systems : PS2/Xbox/Gamecube
Rating : ESRB 10+ Mild Language

A Review By : Virtual The Echidna

I got this game recently for my birthday,so why not do a review of it.

Story :
Taking place after Sonic Adventure 2,Shadow suffers from amnesia when he battled Biohazard and fell down. Now he must find out the secrets to his past,and Black Doom has told Shadow he can remember the secrets to his past BUT! He must gather the 7 Chaos Emeralds in order for him to remember.

Gameplay :
Plays like a typical Sonic game,but with guns and cars and stuff. Its pretty much "Grand Theft Auto : Sonic Edition",but with Shadow. So anyways,you start off in Westopolis and pretty much every level theres 3 missions : Hero,Neutral,and Dark. The Hero and Dark usually are based upon killing enemies or sometimes saving or destroying/stealing stuff. But the Neutral one is always "Get The Emerald". Now you will find many of your favorites like Sonic,Tails,Knuckles,Amy,Vector,Espio,Charmy,Rouge,and Eggman in the Hero Missions atleast. But for the Dark Mission,you always have Doom's Eye.
Also theres 2 gauges for powers Shadow can use. Like if he kills enough Aliens,he can use Chaos Control which will fly him so far ahead on the stage. However,if you kill any G.U.N. Soldiers or Bots,you get Chaos Blast,pretty much the POW Block to the Sonic Series. Basically it kills everybody around you,Good or Evil,kills em all.

PS2 Controls :
Joystick - Move

X Button - Jump

Circle Button - Spindash

Square Button - Attack

X Button in Air - Homing Attack

Square Button in Air - Air Attack

Square Button near Weapon(must also have a Weapon already in hand) - Switch Weapon

R1,R2,L1,and L2 Buttons - Chaos Control And Chaos Blast(when one of the gauges is full)

Circle Button near set of Rings - Light Dash

Circle Button near vehicle - Get In Vehicle

X Button in vehicle - Gas

Square Button in vehicle - Brake

Circle Button in vehicle - Get Out

Ratings :
Story - 9/10 A very great story
Gameplay - 8/10 It plays pretty good
Controls - 9.5/10 Pretty ok,just a few problems and stuff
Weapons - 10/10 I LOVE THE WEAPONS!!!
Levels - 8/10 Meh,levels are ok

Overall Rating - 8/10 A pretty good Soni *cough* Shadow game.

So, why exactly did you post a review for a several years old game in a forum that isn't even the main focus of the site?

...WITH Control buttons, no less? And the actual review being about 6 lines long?

That's not even the bigger problem, its the scores he gave with no explanations that makes me question this 'review'.

I fail to see how Shadow the Hedgehog is an 8/10.

...and why is there a rating for weapons?...and why is it 10/10....

(Ignoring the pointlessness of this topic)

Ahem yeah, while I did like the game, I must say that the weapon system was pretty crappy, it was mere skill-less autoaiming, weapons were disbalanced and in general, the fact they NEVER reloaded is plain stupid, even though Shadow reloads a carbine in the first scene of the opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back