I promise I can be trusted, and I can provide necessary feedback!
If you're willing, there's a test you can take. The mod this is a topic for contains an alpha of Mystic Castle rebirth. Unlock this stage by finding all the emblems in the original Mystic Castle (acts 1 and 2) and provide feedback on the unlockable stage. If you find any bugs in the stage, take screeshots and pm them to me.

for All screen shots of this level, I want you to only show them to me in pms. If one screen shot is made public (outside of say imgur for image hosting) then you fail the test.

This is easily one of the best srb2 level packs.
Level design is fun, music is good, and my god Rusty Bucket Bay
My only complaint is White Halloween 2, my draw distance might be too low but I felt like the level was confusing where to end. (The goalpost unloaded but that's not the only issue). Also I feel like whenever a level designer uses THZ Flies it makes the experience worse, as the flies assort no threat and just make more noise. There's Mystic Castle to write about too but I can tell it's from the early stages of your level design probably, so no worries.
Overall an amazing level pack and worth the 14 years, the level themes are fun, creative, and it never feelsl ike you're being ripped off. And unlocking Emblem Hints almost from the beginning is an essential piece most designers miss.
I'd say this is the best one out there. 10/10.

Mystic Castle does have a remake available if you're interested. It goes by the name of Mystic Castle Rebirth, and it has a proof of concept map available within this very mod too.

Mystic Castle does have a remake available if you're interested. It goes by the name of Mystic Castle Rebirth, and it has a proof of concept map available within this very mod too.

I was actually talking about White Halloween when I mentioned THZ Flies.
But yeah I should check that out
I just didn't grab all the red star rings in those levels yet to unlock it but i should ngl
(I know that Mystic Castle has them but I worded it improperly, it sounded like I was talking about them both but I should've line broke)

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

I might've worded that harshly, but there's so much to say that's positive that I couldn't fit it into one reply
So I just looked at the negative
Easily the best srb2 level pack I've played so far, and definitely underrated.

Last edited:
I just checked out the remake, and I see what you were talking about.
It shows how you can take an eh level and make it great with some aesthetic changes, new music and touched up design.
Although I will forever have nightmares about the red ring in the poison
I kind of got over the THZ Fly thing, turns out my sound effects volume was turned on waaaaaaaaaaay to high (like 150% of normal or about that. maybe for emblem radar in main srb2 or something)
I still dislike them but not to the extent of banning them from every level lol
I see why almost every srb2 level pack has them w/o regard

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

I have said my lows, but I should talk about some highs.
-There were several moments when I thought the level design was very creative and something I could never think of. I love how in hmz3 the boss appears to be a crawla but warps you onto the main boss when you touch the capsule. A perfect ending to a "Ghost House"-type zone, per say.

-When there was difficulty, I never felt as if anything was unfair or frustrating. A lot of level designers struggle with this aspect. It's hard to make challenging sections with them also feeling fair, and while Dimension Glaber isn't overly challenging, in the sections that were it never feels bad. (I was playing as Sonic to see the level design in full extent, with Tails most of the game is a breeze, but so is the case with everything)

-I already said this, but most level designers never put Emblem Hints so early on, but I feel as if collectibles are mostly unfair otherwise. It was a good decision to let the player explore with a map and a candle, instead of wandering around inside a dark cave. Metaphorically at least. (The lighting is very good in DG so it was just a metaphor for how emblem hints feels).

-Red Rings were creatively placed. Most of the level design was very good in general, so it made me want to collect them, and they were put in recognizable spots for hints that still felt clever. Probably as good if not better than normal SRB2 emblem placement, which is saying something.

-There were vastly different themes throughout each level, and though that might seem episodic at first, it's a really good thing. It keeps the pace flowing and never gets you tired of the aesthetics.

There's so much more I have to say, but the point is you did an amazing job. I dont know how many comments have said similar things, or how many times you've heard that sentence, but I wanted to say it once more.

Last edited:
Dimension Glaber has now been updated to version 2.2!

changelog said:
V2.2
Various changes
Added Mystic Castle Rebirth from the ULDC
added in new level complete musics
added in part of cobaltBW's momentum mod
Restored Magmor's 2.1 style lava
Fixed Rusty Bucket Bay's emerald spawn in the smoke stack
Renumbered the custom skies
Changed the internal name of the ghosts to Spooks
possibly some other changes I forgot about.

Well, frankly my favorite part of the mod is surely
Emerald Coast
but I may try this one again with the newer build of the game.

I just unlocked the Metal Sonic Emerald Coast race. But, when I go to it. It brings me to Mystic Castle Rebirth instead.

EDIT
Found the problem, it's the selection from the extras menu.

For now use a complete save file to go to the race until I upload a fix.

do you mind if i update the levels for you? just saying but levels are slightly bland :dramahog:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back