Donkey Kong Country Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

http://wii.ign.com/articles/109/1096857p1.html

One of the wildest, but certainly credible, rumors we've just heard in the halls from those in the know: Retro Studios -- the Nintendo-funded studio that created Metroid Prime and its two sequels -- is now working its magic on a Wii game starring Donkey Kong.

Retro Studios' last released project was the Wii compilation Metroid Prime Trilogy and the last we spoke with them, the team was deep into its next project. "I think you'll be very excited when you find out what we're working on," the team told us last year without saying another word.

We haven't had a true Donkey Kong game for the Wii yet. I'm betting on this is true.

Or it might be Kirby... <3

Donkey Kong 64 was a great game, but how could they possibly make a new game without Rare now that Microsoft bought them?

Of coarse, there was DK Jungle Beat for GameCube, but that's just a 2D platformer...

I remember playing Donkey Kong 64 as a boy with my cousins. Wasn't the 2 - player mode objective to find each other and K.O. your opponent? I have the game, but I can't find it, and I don't have a red pack for it, so yeah.

It is going to be Donkey Kong Country style under the name of Donkey Kong Country Returns for anyone who does not know yet.

EDIT:: Did not see the other topic title, it was a bit further down the page with all of the threads.

Last edited:
Never played DK64, so I can't comment on the matter if a DK64 return would have been better. But I did play the Donkey Kong Country games, and they were really quite great, so I'm looking forward to this.

Continue the discussion in the E3 topic, if you would. There's as little info on this game as there is for any other there, so there isn't a reason for separate topics on each one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back