CharacterWads

Status
Not open for further replies.

AudioBoom

AudioBoom
Is there any way I can get the character WADs already in the game data as regular WAD files. I want to explore them a little but I cannot find them in the folder I installed SRB2 to. Anyone help?

Yes. Slade is actually the kind of program that you'd want to use for Character wads. I personally use Slade for 90% of Srb2 related things. It's really useful

Please don't use this, unless you want player.dta to be corrupted.

Heh, funny enough, since I use xwe and wanted to explore music.dta (for the midis for known reasons) and I read xwe can corrupt files, I actually made a copy of music.dta on my desktop.

So yeah, word of warning AudioBoom, if you do get xwe, play it safe and make a copy of any files you explore, in case xwe breaks them.
However, if you do get slade working again, it would be best to stick with that.

Keep in mind that player.dta only has the sprites for Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. The S_SKIN lump for each character is hard coded.

Is that because of the patches? Because when I look at the log on startup, it says: added skin "tails" and added skin "knuckles"

If I had to guess why, I'd say since the game is based off the Doom engine it must already have a player character to start off with. In Doom, this skin would obviously be Doomguy himself. SRB2 probably has Sonic hardcoded for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back