• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

hmt_KOCity-4.0 - W.I.P - PICTURE HEAVY! -Beta 1-

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoatRack

Official Community CoatRack
Sonic Team Junior
Hello! I have been building this wad for quite some time, and I have finaly gotten around to finishing it. This level, unlike most, is a Knuckles and Tails only level with a twist, I'll show you why.

As you can see, most of the level is on top of buildings.
srb20096.png

Now, most of you are saying "How is this a knuckles and tails only level? won't there be springs for sonic?", but infact there is only ONE spring in the level, even that one might be removed though. Now, don't get me wrong, Knuckles won't have it super easy here. In the below screenshot shows this hole with wall of pipes.

srb20092.png

I bet you are woundering what this has to do with anything, right? Well, I made it so that Knuckles can't climb buildings as shown in this screenshot:

srb20093.png

So, the question rises, "how will Knuckles get up there?". Well, those "pipes" are realy ladders that Knuckles can grab on to and climb up.

srb20094.png

While it may seem unfair to Knuckles users that they have to find walls to climb on to get to higher places, I am planning on adding a glass barier around the ladders to keep any would-be-Tails-snipers from railing them while climbing. anyways, enough with that, I'll post more screenshots of the levle so you guys can tell me if you see anything that I should change.

srb20089.png

srb20091.png

srb20095.png

So yeah, comment and stuff.

Beta 1: http://www.sendspace.com/file/uao08r

Credits: Blade - textures
DJShrike - music
KO.T.E - level desing

Last edited:
Definently like what I'm seeing so far. Level looks gorgeous from above.

I don't see the need to exclude Sonic out of it though. Well sure it's designed for Tails and Knux but I'm sure a lot of people would prefer Sonic being playable at all, even if at a disadvantage.

Last edited:
That's one of the coolest-looking city levels I've EVER EVER EVER seen. PLEASE release soon, at least as a beta!

Wow, this actually looks very promising. The textures look ridiculously awesome and the view from above is gorgeous! The idea behind it is pretty cool too, finally a map that puts Knuckles and Tails to good use.

I am looking forward to play this.

(Also, did you get those textures from Blade? I remember seeing him post a screenshot with the exact same textures, in an old contest thread.)

Looks awesome. It's neat that you made ladders for Knuckles.

But have you ever gotten the bug where only two of the emeralds show up?

Holy ****, this should be the new Dark City, and the fact that I can't really point out any flaws, it looks awesome. Keep it up, KOTE!

Looks awesome. It's neat that you made ladders for Knuckles.

But have you ever gotten the bug where only two of the emeralds show up?

srb20089.png

Yes as you can see in the screenshot, but I fix'd it by setting all of the emerald spawn point thing item's tags and stuff to 0.

Anyways, a demo of the 1p version should be out today sometime.

And yes thease textures are from Speed Highway, and I got the textures from Blade since we was once working on a MOD that used them.

Last edited:
Wow, this actually looks very promising. The textures look ridiculously awesome and the view from above is gorgeous! The idea behind it is pretty cool too, finally a map that puts Knuckles and Tails to good use.

I am looking forward to play this.

(Also, did you get those textures from Blade? I remember seeing him post a screenshot with the exact same textures, in an old contest thread.)

xsrb0000.png

Yeah, I'm the one that got them from SADX first, I'm letting KOTE use them.

Looks pretty good so far, KOTE.

...There is FAR TOO MUCH resemblance between those pics.

Couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact they are both city levels, and use identical textures sets (a grand total of two core wall textures apiece)... could it?

I like what I see here, but might I recommend using something a little more obvious for the ladder? The pipes are not going to be very effective cues. If it changes the visuals up to make it nicer, that's one thing, but if it changes the way the player approaches something critical to gameplay... that's necessary.

Huh? It seems that may have not been the problem, it may have been for a thing item with the number 4242, because when I tried to play the level again today, it didn't work right, so I want in and found the thing items that had the number of 4242, so I replaced them with emerald spawn points and it worked. anyways, I will release a 1P demo realy soon, so keep a eye out on the first post.

I've played this level, and it's really good! The music suits it really well. My only dislikes are the monotonous textures.

Also, I found a wall I could climb on.

...There is FAR TOO MUCH resemblance between those pics.

It could also be the fact that they are brothers. Anyway, I just played the levels, and I like what I see so far, but I feel like this level is a bit small for a match map. Also, for the single player version, are you going to add enemies to the level? As it stands now it feels kind of empty for a city.

I like most of the textures...my only issue is with the TINY WINDOWS on some of the buildings. I mean, who would live in a building like that? Mice? It would look much more realistic if you doubled or even quadrupled the size of some of the window textures.

I like it. I like it EVEN.

KO.T.H, my congratulations.

It's hard to say anything from screenshots, but I'll leave my 2¢:

Try to make rooftops more clear and more distinguishable. Remember the buildings of Gloom Metropolis Zone (Acid Missile MOD)?

MAPF6-acidmissile.png
MAPF8-acidmissile.png

Update!

This thing is still alive believe it or not.
I have been redoing the roofs to make them more clear.
Besides that, I don't have much new stuff done.
Here is a screen shot.

srb20129.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back