IRC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

When using IRC, how do you connect to servers?
I have been trying to connect to #srb2fun, but I don't know how...

I tried to connect to irc.esper.net, but it refuses connection, I get the "unable to connect to server" error, or it gets blocked by Zone Labs Security. :(

How do you connect to channels?

So basically, IRC is a medium of communication. There are many networks for IRC. We are located on EsperNet. Each network has its own set of channels - you won't be able to find us if you connect to another network- say, QuakeNet for example. Each network is made up of servers. If you're on a different server but on the same network, you will still be able to join #SRB2Fun. Some examples of servers on EsperNet are Anger, Dream, Excalibur, and Cosmos. I tend to connect to Dream, but you can pick any server you like.

It's also worth pointing out that recently, there's been a series of attacks being launched against EsperNet. These attacks are causing netsplits to occur. A netsplit is when a server on the network loses communication with another server. In effect, this splits the network into two, and some users will be stuck on one side, while the other users will be stuck on the other. Neither side will be able to see or communicate with each other because they aren't connected to each other. After a short while, the netsplit will go away and all users will be able to see each other again. If you ever receive a request from someone about a file called secrets.exe, you should always decline, and report the user on the abuse channel (#dragonweyr).

I know a fair amount about IRC, so if you have any questions about anything, just ask me.

And promise me that you'll read the rules, mmkay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back