Invalid You can ride on rising lava if it overtakes you while you're standing on solid ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katmint

‫‬‭‮‪‫‬‭‮
A good place to see this bug yourself is Vulcan Forge. The rising lava normally hurts you, but if you're standing on a solid surface when it catches up, the lava will take you for a ride instead. What makes this even more odd is that you can't normally stand on Vulcan Forge's lava at all.

lavawalk.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You never played Mystic Realm during the 1.09.4 days, did you?
srb20116-1.png

On that level there are 2 layers of lava, the water layer that hurts you and the solid layer that moves you. The 2 layers are not synched up and the solid layer can and does overlap the water layer, making it hard to get past that point.

I can only guess that Mystic did this as we didn't have the current Lava system in place back then.

PS. the water layer does not use damage fire as that triggers 2.0.6's lava system.

You never played Mystic Realm during the 1.09.4 days, did you?
I probably played it more than vanilla 1.09.4, what makes you think I didn't?
On that level there are 2 layers of lava, the water layer that hurts you and the solid layer that moves you. The 2 layers are not synched up and the solid layer can and does overlap the water layer, making it hard to get past that point.
Oh, I see. It's the solid layer I was riding. Guess this bug report is bogus then. :x
PS. the water layer does not use damage fire as that triggers 2.0.6's lava system.
Actually, it does use Damage - Fire, except with the Block Enemies flag checked to restore the old behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back