Suggestion: Music Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjsec4ever

The Reason Angels Die
So I just unlocked Pandora's Box. But where's the Music Test? Earlier when I went through the Sound Test, I was expecting the music to be in there too.

While on things, how do I extract the OGGs from the file via XWE?

Hmm, well I was just worried at times where doing anything from within the console invalidates my gamedata.dat.

Okay, I see. But my 2nd question remains unanswered.
I thought of converting the OGGs to M4As (for my iPod :)) or FLACs, but I need the music extracted. How do I go about the extraction part?

I'd say it's better to have a music test menu rather than having the player memorize a whole bunch of music slots.

Yeah, it is kind of hard to memorize your favorite tracks.

The classic games had a music test, so I don't see why SRB2 can't have one.

Since no one is bothering, I'll answer the 2nd question.

Okay, I see. But my 2nd question remains unanswered.
I thought of converting the OGGs to M4As (for my iPod :)) or FLACs, but I need the music extracted. How do I go about the extraction part?

Get XWE firstly, which you can find on the SRB2 Wiki, then use it to open music.dta that's located in the main SRB2 folder; you may have to type the name in the filename area when in the folder if you don't want to select all files. Then select the music you want, the list of music is in the MusicSlot section of the SRB2 Wiki, and once selected, go into the Entry Menu (I believe) and select the Save As... function. Then go into the folder you want to save it in and rename the .lmp to .ogg in the file name. Then I suggest using Audacity to convert the file into an MP3 which you can put into iTunes for your listening pleasure. :D

Hope this helps, this reminds me to put that music onto my iPod. X<

There is an SRB2 music player that plays music from wads. I have no idea why it isn't uploaded anywhere officially. http://torgo.vactual.net/Files/SRB2MP.exe

If you want to open music.dta with it, just change the Files of type to "All Files". It is what I use to see what music fits in levels that I make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back