• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

A Rayman WAD in the works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizor300

a man denied his homeland
Well, after the lack of ANY Rayman content for SRB2, i'd think that it would be a start to start it off with a Rayman WAD of my own.

rayman.png

Yet again, the color isn't purple for shading purposes.

So, I really want to carry through with this and release the first ever Rayman WAD to the SRB2MB.

Critism and Suggestions welcome!

A Rayman WAD? What next, a Crash Bandicoot one? Anyways, it looks pretty good right now, only the hands look weird.

A Rayman WAD? What next, a Crash Bandicoot one? Anyways, it looks pretty good right now, only the hands look weird.
Why the hell not? :P

Scizor, it looks nice, it's just something about the hands, they're like, too small, and the hole in the middle looks odd

Despite how some people highly disliked the Rabbid games, Rayman is still worlds more deserving of a .wad than Crash will ever be.

And Eggmanfan, your Rayman need moar purple.

IIRC i've tried to make a Crash sprite, but it flopped.

Anyways, i'll get more work done on it when I get home from my cousin's house.

Kyasarin, how do you think the hair could be improved?

rayman.png

Yet again, the color isn't purple for shading purposes.

Srb2_finalpal.png

Looks like plenty of purple to me, man. Honestly, Rayman just looks wrong as he is. If purple alone wouldn't suffice, how about a combination of purple and dark blue?

Also...

rayman2.jpg

...Rayman has yellow shoes with white soles.

Last edited:
Yeah, I did mess up a bit, i'll get that fixed ASAP.

The color is not purple because for two reasons:
1. It gives me a better ability to shade more, instead of the few colors that the Purple parts in the pallete give me.
2. I can just set Prefcolor to Lavender when i'm done.

I'll fix this stuff when I get home.

Sweet, can't wait to see this finished. Always loved the Rayman games. (Although I liked the Rabbids less...)

His body. To me, there seems to be a point on the bottom, like it's not properly rounded...

Dr.Pepper said:
I was digging through the SigSev Cafe forum sometime ago, (I do plan on joining up, btw) and I saw your Rayman Sprite. O_o
Mine's not that good, but if it helps you in your quest for a Rayman WAD, here's the sprite of him that I drew if you haven't seen it yet. Use/improve it if you want.
RMANA1.png

I once attempted this, and Dr. Pepper offered a reference sprite, I never felt like getting to it, but he said I could use it, so you use it.

That doesn't look any better. You might want to try and make the hands look like hands, and Raymans body isn't round. It is though a rounded rectangle. If I were you I would use google for a refrence image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back