SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X)

View Poll Results: What should I do next?
Make more match maps! 27 18.62%
Make some circuit maps! 33 22.76%
Make some CTF maps! 43 29.66%
Work on what you've got. 42 28.97%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2007   #61
Kaysakado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
Will just do that for any secrets I feel like adding, but not on the maps themselves, because people should be able to look at the layout if they want to.
That would mean you have to put the secrets in a seperate WAD file, y' know.
__________________
Join the Crashed Cafe!
Kaysakado is offline  
Old 11-20-2007   #62
Jazz
 
Jazz's Avatar
Default

That was the plan.

Was also planning on experimenting with other things in relation to that, as soon as I get to it. I still have yet to download a hex editor to experiment with.

Working on the maps themselves is a higher priority at the moment.
__________________
Now that's a real game logo.
Jazz is offline  
Old 11-20-2007   #63
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist
 
Hyperknux's Avatar
Default

Wow Jazz, this is very impressive, you've impressed me wth this release :D.

Fire eye, much much better, it has loads of more space, and places to go to.

Sonic at the disco, this used to be one of my least favourites, not it's one of my favourites, I really liked the DJ system, it rocked :P.

haven't tried all of these, but nice one.
__________________
Everyone is entitled to their own truthful opinion on this planet...
Hyperknux is offline  
Old 02-18-2008   #64
Sasa
 
Sasa's Avatar
Default

I like it! Great maps, Jazz!
Sasa is offline  
Old 03-01-2008   #65
henny23
Default

Here comes the ol' CC..

Crystal Caves:
You need to add more cover. All there is are some houses and some really seizurerific crystals. 7/10

Vertical Forest:
BLERRRUGGH! Who used the C/P? Guess you did. This needs to die, to be honest. Also, why are there 4 rail rings clumped up so close you can easily whore them? 3/10

Dark Town:
Mrenh...its so-so. It can use a little "compression" sizewise. Try and add more weapons. Like the auto-ring. The houses, you can just hide in them and never be found. For at least minutes, at least. 6/10

Railsniper Range:
Huuuuuge. Too many rail powerups here, plus you can just camp in one of the towers and get jackpots. I would rework this and try NOT to focus on too many rail ring powerups. I counted more than 8. 5/10


Deathmatch Arena:
No problem, just your average SRB2 match m-
?!?!!
I get this music as if i am in some kind of arena about to die. I jump in the hole, *zoomf* and im in this GARGANTUAN arena, probably the biggest map of all of them. SIZE IT DOWN!!! And, what happened to the arena itself? It's changing randomly. I can't certainly find a switch. 5/10

Sonic at the disco:
No no no no no no NO! This is all wrong! You don't have fighting-to-the-death matches in a place like THIS! Besides, some rings are WHITE, GREEN AND BLINDING YELLOW. Theres hardly any cover. Kill this map, spare me. 1/10

Island Hop:
Erm....any idea why this map is water and no cover? And 2 words to describe this map. NO GOOD. It's too easy for tails users to make the sonic users so upset, cause they are flying and they cant find a way to get up. I can't see anything in this, can you? 2/10

Lava Lake:
Masses of fire. Thats it. I can't find a way to get over this, or get out of the lava. Mainly cause...ITS A GAPING HOLE! You've overused the fire. There's a pit which has a level underneath. Whats the point? You can only survive 5 seconds until you burn to death! 0/10 KILL IT MAN!

Goo Lagoon:
Spring abuse. Toxic waste abuse. Thats pretty much all i have to say, apart from that ...wait... i noticed those walls that look like the kind you duck behind in war. Maybe you could make this map into a war zone? You know where the bomb pickups are, the walls look like protection. Turn this into a war zone, it'll be great. 7/10

Space Platform:
It's shcramped. It's the same four corners all over the place. Theres no fun in this, apart from you can knock people off into the gaping hole which is so annoying. 2/10

Thats it.....bye? *run*
henny23 is offline  
Old 03-01-2008   #66
Chaos Knux
Daww, a mother and her foal
 
Chaos Knux's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by henny23
Lava Lake:
Masses of fire. Thats it. I can't find a way to get over this, or get out of the lava. Mainly cause...ITS A GAPING HOLE! You've overused the fire. There's a pit which has a level underneath. Whats the point? You can only survive 5 seconds until you burn to death! 0/10 KILL IT MAN!
Good sir, on behalf of the mighty Lord Jazz, I shall tell you the secret of the level. GET THE ****ING FIRE SHEILD! DUH!
__________________
Atra gulia un ilian tauthr ono un atra ono waíse sköliro fra rauthr.
My Friend Codes
---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Hooves; Today, Tomorrow, and Forever
SUPER NARWHAL, MY MUFFIN!
Chaos Knux is offline  
Old 03-01-2008   #67
Jazz
 
Jazz's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by henny23
Crystal Caves:
You need to add more cover. All there is are some houses and some really seizurerific crystals. 7/10
This map is getting replaced. Not to mention that if you've actually played this map with anyone of some kind of skill, you'd know that the center crystal area really doesn't need more cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henny23
Vertical Forest:
BLERRRUGGH! Who used the C/P? Guess you did. This needs to die, to be honest. Also, why are there 4 rail rings clumped up so close you can easily whore them? 3/10
Also being replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henny23
Dark Town:
Mrenh...its so-so. It can use a little "compression" sizewise. Try and add more weapons. Like the auto-ring. The houses, you can just hide in them and never be found. For at least minutes, at least. 6/10
If you actually played through this map for more than 30 seconds, you would know that there are indeed Automatic Rings on this map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henny23
Railsniper Range:
Huuuuuge. Too many rail powerups here, plus you can just camp in one of the towers and get jackpots. I would rework this and try NOT to focus on too many rail ring powerups. I counted more than 8. 5/10
Once again, you've obviously never played this map in a real netgame. The high number of Rail Ring spawns are essential to ensure that all players are able to possess a Rail Ring. Unless you really want to be caught in a wide open map where one person controls all the weapons, like Zim's Base or Meadow Match...


Quote:
Originally Posted by henny23
Deathmatch Arena:
No problem, just your average SRB2 match m-
?!?!!
I get this music as if i am in some kind of arena about to die. I jump in the hole, *zoomf* and im in this GARGANTUAN arena, probably the biggest map of all of them. SIZE IT DOWN!!! And, what happened to the arena itself? It's changing randomly. I can't certainly find a switch. 5/10
If you think the map is too big, play in a netgame bigger than two people. And if you were more observant, you would notice that the center changes on a timer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henny23
Sonic at the disco:
No no no no no no NO! This is all wrong! You don't have fighting-to-the-death matches in a place like THIS! Besides, some rings are WHITE, GREEN AND BLINDING YELLOW. Theres hardly any cover. Kill this map, spare me. 1/10
Seems to me that the vast majority of your problems with the map is how it looks. If you're seizure-prone, you shouldn't even be playing video games, much less playing on this map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henny23
Island Hop:
Erm....any idea why this map is water and no cover? And 2 words to describe this map. NO GOOD. It's too easy for tails users to make the sonic users so upset, cause they are flying and they cant find a way to get up. I can't see anything in this, can you? 2/10
One word for you: "springs." Once again, if you don't know how to reach the higher areas, you couldn't have played this map for more than 30 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henny23
Lava Lake:
Masses of fire. Thats it. I can't find a way to get over this, or get out of the lava. Mainly cause...ITS A GAPING HOLE! You've overused the fire. There's a pit which has a level underneath. Whats the point? You can only survive 5 seconds until you burn to death! 0/10 KILL IT MAN!
Already reworked. Also, if you couldn't find an Inferno Shield to use, you obviously didn't play this map longer than 30 seconds either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henny23
Goo Lagoon:
Spring abuse. Toxic waste abuse. Thats pretty much all i have to say, apart from that ...wait... i noticed those walls that look like the kind you duck behind in war. Maybe you could make this map into a war zone? You know where the bomb pickups are, the walls look like protection. Turn this into a war zone, it'll be great. 7/10
Already reworked. Your comments of a "war zone" make absolutely no sense, not to mention that I've already reworked this map to include an indoor factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henny23
Space Platform:
It's shcramped. It's the same four corners all over the place. Theres no fun in this, apart from you can knock people off into the gaping hole which is so annoying. 2/10
That would be why its being replaced with one of my maps that is currently facing judgement at this month's level design contest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henny23
Here comes the ol' CC..
It seems to me that you quickly looked over each of the maps that I said I was reworking for about a minute each by yourself, then ran in here and "commented" about them. You had nothing useful to say and your "constructive" comments good or bad are therefore ignored.

Good day to you, sir.
__________________
Now that's a real game logo.
Jazz is offline  
Old 03-02-2008   #68
Guitarplaya
 
Guitarplaya's Avatar
Default

Any screens?
__________________
I made a post? What? Wait...
Guitarplaya is offline  
Old 03-02-2008   #69
Jazz
 
Jazz's Avatar
Default

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x290/srb2jazz/

Mostly videos, but they do contain footage of the current version and the upcoming version. (1c)

More specifically, the Goo Lagoon and Lava Lake previews are for 1c, the others were for 1b.
__________________
Now that's a real game logo.
Jazz is offline  
Old 03-09-2008   #70
Jazz
 
Jazz's Avatar
Default

Version 1c has been released. Check the first page for details on the new release.
__________________
Now that's a real game logo.
Jazz is offline  
Old 03-09-2008   #71
sb
 
sb's Avatar
Default

The soc lumps can get kind of buggy if you change the map too often. So please try and avoid doing so. This leads to the host getting c-failed. Sure happened to me. :x
__________________
Who am I? It lies in mystery for the superiors.
sb is offline  
Old 03-09-2008   #72
Kaysakado
Default

1c ftw.
__________________
Join the Crashed Cafe!
Kaysakado is offline  
Old 03-10-2008   #73
Jazz
 
Jazz's Avatar
Default

Basically, don't change the map quicker than once per second, and you should be fine. I had to add a delay on the SOC lump fix so it doesn't instantly C-fail the entire game.
__________________
Now that's a real game logo.
Jazz is offline  
Old 03-10-2008   #74
:SonicMaster:
<0>_<0>
 
:SonicMaster:'s Avatar
Default

-_-

Remember when I was playing Jazz Attack with you in a netgame? Yeah, I played CTF. Most of the CTF maps look pretty much unchanged in v1c, so I can actually still rate these properly.

The reason why I do not like your CTF maps, Jazz, is because they are too wide:

Frozen River Zone, 1/10

The distance between bases in Frozen River is about 18000 fracunits. This is good. The width, however, is about 6000 fracunits. This is bad. Compress the map's N-S dimensions in half, please. That will please me. Having the map so wide overwhelmed me, not to mention it made it too empty.

I remember the inescapable trap, the water current. Still there, I see. That was, and still is, SO lame. How about just a death pit rather than a 5 second pause before your death? It wouldn't be called Frozen River anymore, but I guess that's a price you'd have to pay if you want to improve this.

Fire Eye Zone, NA/10
Apparently, Hyperknux has informed me that you made this map bigger. >_< The v1b version was already too big. It's now 18000 fracunits wide at most. That...just no. Have you seen the official levels in SRB2DB? Have you noticed that they're smaller?

Asteroid Belt Zone, 3/10
Again, this is basically EXACTLY the same as the original.

Ah. Finally. Better level dimensions! The gimmick, however, is what ruined the stage. It made you stick to the bottom of the asteroid for 3 to 5 seconds if you were on the bottom of it, making you virtually immobile. Landing into a topless ceiling was lame, especially because I rose to my death so slowly. I realize the whole topless ceiling was so you didn't get stuck, but inserting that didn't stop the stage from being unfun.

Sky Shrine Zone, NA/10
Again, unchanged; I can rate it. I have no idea how good this stage truly is, simply because it's too hard to not focus on the fact that the wall texturing was almost exclusively two textures. The green floor didn't help either.

Your Match maps were better. They also seem to be the most changed. So I'll only rate the originals.

v1b Sonic at the Disco, 2/10
This seems to be pretty much the same in v1c, anyway. This actually has good sector layout. But what killed it was the gimmick. Every time I played this, the entire netgame just crowds around the music buttons. And the random monitor made that area more interesting, making the rest of the stage pretty much unused.

v1b Deathmatch Arena, 7/10
I see that you had changed this map in v1c, so I will only rate the v1b one. If it turns out to be better in v1c, I'll let you know.

This map was fun. It was very big, but it was still good. The theme-changing gimmick was very creative and was executed properly. It's visually appealing to the point of where this could actually be copied, edited, and changed into a NiGHTS map, and it would still be good. Only problem with doing that is the fact that everyone's already seen the visuals of this map. =/

The whole choose-your-own-weapon thing is great. I stink at Rail Rings, so Automatic me up!
__________________
My PSN ID: WhiteLucario
Click here to view my Trophy collection.
:SonicMaster: is offline  
Old 03-10-2008   #75
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist
 
Hyperknux's Avatar
Default

Yes, finally Crystal Caves is remade. It looks pretty awesome. I'll give you my reviews later.
__________________
Everyone is entitled to their own truthful opinion on this planet...
Hyperknux is offline  
Old 03-10-2008   #76
Azure Hawk
 
Azure Hawk's Avatar
Default

It's great to see some really nice Match and CTf levels. I particularly enjoyed Deathmatch arena, must of taken ages to do all the linedef executors!
__________________
Playing SRB2 since 05. Basically, nothing has changed.
Totally re-doing my level pack. Expect a site link soon :P
Working on: A Match Stage
Quote:
How did you get here? Did someone leave your cage open again?
Azure Hawk is offline  
Old 03-10-2008   #77
Kaysakado
Default

By the [color=red]Snip![/color], Jazz, is the [color=red]Snip![/color] thing supposed to be a [color=red]Snip![/color]? (If you don't know [color=red]Snip![/color], don't [color=red]Snip![/color])

EDIT: Snipped some stuff, including stuff that didn't have to be snipped, for [color=red]Snip![/color].
__________________
Join the Crashed Cafe!
Kaysakado is offline  
Old 03-11-2008   #78
Chaos Knux
Daww, a mother and her foal
 
Chaos Knux's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRB2WikiSonicMaster
Frozen River Zone, 1/10

The distance between bases in Frozen River is about 18000 fracunits. This is good. The width, however, is about 6000 fracunits. This is bad. Compress the map's N-S dimensions in half, please. That will please me. Having the map so wide overwhelmed me, not to mention it made it too empty.

I remember the inescapable trap, the water current. Still there, I see. That was, and still is, SO lame. How about just a death pit rather than a 5 second pause before your death? It wouldn't be called Frozen River anymore, but I guess that's a price you'd have to pay if you want to improve this.
Knux can get out easily. Just grab the wall!
Sonic can't escape.
Tails can fly out. (I think.)
__________________
Atra gulia un ilian tauthr ono un atra ono waíse sköliro fra rauthr.
My Friend Codes
---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Hooves; Today, Tomorrow, and Forever
SUPER NARWHAL, MY MUFFIN!
Chaos Knux is offline  
Old 03-11-2008   #79
SRB2 Guy
hurr hurr
Default

Upon hosting 1C, I instantily get a C-Kick. Either help, or fix please. : |
SRB2 Guy is offline  
Old 03-11-2008   #80
:SonicMaster:
<0>_<0>
 
:SonicMaster:'s Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Knux
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRB2WikiSonicMaster
Frozen River Zone, 1/10

The distance between bases in Frozen River is about 18000 fracunits. This is good. The width, however, is about 6000 fracunits. This is bad. Compress the map's N-S dimensions in half, please. That will please me. Having the map so wide overwhelmed me, not to mention it made it too empty.

I remember the inescapable trap, the water current. Still there, I see. That was, and still is, SO lame. How about just a death pit rather than a 5 second pause before your death? It wouldn't be called Frozen River anymore, but I guess that's a price you'd have to pay if you want to improve this.
Knux can get out easily. Just grab the wall!
Sonic can't escape.
Tails can fly out. (I think.)
The fact that Knux and Tails can escape but Sonic can't is BAD design. Thank you.
__________________
My PSN ID: WhiteLucario
Click here to view my Trophy collection.
:SonicMaster: is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with homing attack. U.C. Help 2 08-25-2007 02:53 PM
Time attack Shuffle SRB2 Discussion 4 06-30-2006 12:35 AM
Ninja Attack! Arrow General Discussion 8 07-20-2005 05:21 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.