Doom is 16 years old now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doom is older than I am, and yet I love the game so much. <3
Though really, it's my favorite FPS. Once you get past the classic (pixelated) graphics, then it has really great fast-paced gameplay. And although the default level design is pretty much horrible for both games (with the exception of E1), the game has tons of mods and custom content if you ever get bored.

I personally reviewed a couple of the wads that won awards =D

Seriously though, those wads are top-notch, give them a play if you have spare time.

*Gives Doom a Driver's License and watches it send the family car straight to Hell* Oops, so much for that, but you have to expect that since it's Doom.

Last edited:
I don't play Doom much, but considering its older than its current fan base,
i'm not surprised it gets celebrated every year.

I started playing it around Dec 1993 with the shareware, but it ran too slow, I didn't come back to it until 1996 when I finally had a capable computer.

Doom is older than I am, and yet I love the game so much. <3
Though really, it's my favorite FPS. Once you get past the classic (pixelated) graphics, then it has really great fast-paced gameplay. And although the default level design is pretty much horrible for both games (with the exception of E1), the game has tons of mods and custom content if you ever get bored.
What? Really? I'm the same age as Doom. No, a few months older. How old are you?

I'm older than the game, but the Doom series didn't really appeal much to me. I was a big console fanatic up until 99ish.

Christ, I dunno what makes me feel worse: This making me feel old or that nuts.wad slows my computer down.

Hehe, good times. Me and my friends had LAN matches in 1997(I believe), then I completely forgot about the game, and I had an epiphany(Me and my friends called me something else) while playing this game, thanks to some guys in #srb2fun.

nuts.wad slows my computer down.
I can't name any recording of nuts.wad that doesn't slow down to a crawl. So, we should get Spazzo and his alienware to give it a shot, see if that can run nuts.wad without an FPS drop.

That aside, doom stood the test of time and still has a strong, not to mention creative, fanbase. Now let's see if Doom can hit the big Two Oh.

That aside, doom stood the test of time and still has a strong, not to mention creative, fanbase. Now let's see if Doom can hit the big Two Oh.

The way things are going right now in the Doomworld community, my guess is it's only a matter of time before it happens. (December 10, 2013)

Well it's the sixteenth anniversary and I'm currently fifteen. I don't see why this came as a surprise though.

That's just it though. I could've sworn you were older than me. I mean... Wow.

16th anniversary of DOOM and I still haven't played it. Might want to.

Wow, I didn't think I was 5 3/4 months older than doom is. Except I haven't taken up driving lessons.

There's a Doom 2 for the 360? ****ing finally, I was starting to miss the double shotty.

The Super Shotgun is easily the most versatile and perhaps overused weapon in Doom, as long as you're willing to fight in relatively short range. It can single-handedly take on any baddie in the game, from a group of Former Humans to the fearsome Cyberdemon, if you're proficient in circlestrafing (or you have reliable cover from the Cyber's rockets), and have the ammo to pull it off (it takes generally about 40 shotgun shells to SSG a Cyber to death from full health).

It's just as powerful as a single rocket from a Rocket Launcher, and runs on Shotgun shells (which are generally a LOT easier to find than rockets), what else is there to say?

Don't go to Hell without one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back