Post your pics/art here!

Spirit Dragon, your proportions are always off. I'd try some good "how-to-draw" Sonic and co. tutorials. That way you can also learn about how to use basic shapes to construct drawings, which I don't believe you do now. I challenge you to do that and to show your completed work as part of your next post in this thread. And be sure to pen it in too!

K. I tried what you said I made this. Now compare this
Sonic1.png
to this
Chili.png

I think you're missing the part about getting the proportions right. I'm serious, you should really look into a tutorial. There's a ton of them on DeviantArt that you can use.

Spirit Dragon: Your proportions are way off. The head looks large in comparison to the rest of the body, and the hands and feet seem too small, especially in the one where (I think) he's giving a thumbs up.

sasuketo uzuchihamaki: Nice drawing. It definitely does need some cleaning up, though.

Last edited:
That actually looks worlds better. But you still have a long, long ways to go if you want to be a serious artist.* It doesn't look like you outlined Sonic's circular head beforehand, so you should do that. Start with simple shapes to form your composition and add in details from there until you get your finished product. Remember, KISSes are great (Keep It Simple Stupid)!

Here are some tutorials that give justice to basic shapes. I now challenge you to follow the steps in each, Spirit Dragon. Don't trace the finished product. Just follow the steps exactly. It may be more time-consuming and boring than drawing freehand, but if you want to be a serious artist* it requires this kind of hard work. But if you keep on doing it, it'll eventually become second nature.

*For the record, I'm not a serious artist.

Last edited:
Ok. Wombatwarlord, I read the tutorials. I did my best to keep it as my own work because I hate people who trace so I didn't copy it. You wouldn't believe it but I refused to look at the head tutorial because I fail to see what's wrong with the head.
Sonic1-1.png

A friend on deviatnART requested a piece of their Pokesona, but didn't give any specifics. So I just merged their request with a little project that I was working on:

The_name__s_Chu___Zakchu_by_Chisuun.png

Anamorphic widescreen aspect ratio ^^

Well I decided to dig through my junk on my photobucket account for bit and found a lot of my work still on it.

Mage.png

Egghead.png

Sonniku.png

SonicLineArt.png

And a pretty bad Lucario picture made in Gimp

Lucario.png

I dare say that I have improved much in my more recent pictures, but I never took the time to take a picture of them (or get a scanner for that matter).

I honestly think that looks a lot better, Spirit Dragon. You've got a long, long ways to go, but you're worlds better from where you began. Watch those proportions!

Anyways, here's some stuff doodled on the back of my statistics binder:

jgs2s9.jpg

"...But seriously, you okay, man?"

eiql2d.jpg

"I want to look perfect when I meet your parents tonight!"
If you want to know why he's wearing sunglasses when he meets his significant other's parents... Uhm... Just... Shuddup...

f101tk.jpg

All the wisest sages know you can't beat Gorgamath. You'll just come away feeling inadequate as a protagonist.
Gorgamath's line would be a lot better if it had read "*Yawn...* Clićhed much?..." Damned hindsight.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back