UPDATED New sonic model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashnal

My first post on this forum shall be a release.

I can be reached in the IRC channel if you wish to give me compliments or criticism in detail.

Getting straight to business, with animated gifs!

Walking
http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=walkmp6.gif
UPDATED Running
http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=runsideob9.gif
(It looks better from the ingame camera angle)

Directions:
1. Unzip in your MD2 folder, if you do not have one create one in your srb2 folder.
2. Add the line "PLAY PLAY.MD2 3.0 0.0" without quotes to your md2.dat in your srb2 directory with a text editor.
3. Start a game of srb2 in OpenGL mode and hit the tilde key ~ then type in GR_MD2 1
4. Enjoy!

And now, the UPDATED download link!
http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/403MD2.zip

Note:
The shading in the MD2 is baked in. In these gifs it is slightly different due to being calculated each frame by blender. If I make an accompanying wad similar to the wizard wad i can implement that in game.

I would like to credit the original author of the meshes. I only UV mapped, textured, rigged, and animated these. The original meshes were extracted from a Gmod set, which seem to be originally ripped from Sonic Heroes. The texture and animations are all my work however.

This model has been approved by Prime 2.0.

Nice high-quality texture, all animations accounted for, roughly the same size as the sprite, and a lower polygon count than the original SA model with little ill effect! I'm glad I payed attention to this.

I hope to see more from you soon, Ashnal.

BOW BEFORE ME!

srb2win2008-09-1601-26-25-04.png

With such large hands it was hard to get the crossed arms animation to look okay. However, It seems to have given sonic the arrogant impatient look, which works out.

Re: New sonic model

Ashnal said:

What? This running animation for SA Sonic doesn't look right. Why?
Only his legs seem to be moving. Make his head spikes move rather than appear to be rigid, and do the same with his hands and arms.

That's one of the main reasons why I think nearly all attempts at replicating the awesome running animation from SADX I've seen on this message board suck, whether they're sprites or MD2s.

yeah the animations are strange but... this is COOL, I think that this is the best Sonic model ( for the SRB2 ).
Anyone have a next gen model for the SRB2??

Ashnal said:
Edit:
Oh I almost forgot, I would like to credit the original author of the meshes. I only UV mapped, textured, and animated these. The original meshes were made by an unknown author for Gmod.
I must have missed that part. :P

EDIT: I just got an idea! Teh G-Man for SRB2! *banned*

Ashnal said:
Oh I almost forgot, I would like to credit the original author of the meshes. I only UV mapped, textured, and animated these. The original meshes were made by an unknown author for Gmod.
So i was right about the similarity *shot*

It looks a lot like Sonic Heroes sonic.
You sure that the one from gmod isn't the sonic heroes model?

To fix the running animation, making Sonic bob might work? Because right now it's rather robotic.

Robotic eh? His walking is godd on the bobbing and body turning, but as far as I can remember, SA full speed running always had a completely still upper body.

I'm going to look at some SA vids and see if it needs adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back