Fake Monitor Blur(Monitor-blur.soc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT:(Something that shouldn't be there removed, re download) http://www.sendspace.com/file/jc5n6y

This monitor blur soc just explodes the "explode" sprites but translucent when at full speed. This was ripped from a beta soc, so if you find anything else besides the blur effect tell me so I can remove it.

Be carefully if you play with it online so it doesn't kick everyone XD.
EDIT 2:This dose not always work properly! If you don't have anything right at the screen(Like on the screenshots) while running, slow down and speed up again and it will work.

Screen shots:

Having trouble with A_SmokeTrailer again?

Anyway, the larger soc better be worth it. This looks like I'm exploading as I run. :/

Using a motion blur effect similar to the one in Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam on DS could work.

tony-hawks-downhill-jam-20061025052928982.jpg
tony-hawks-downhill-jam-20061025052929466.jpg

The quality of the image sucks, but you can see what's happening. Don't forget to make the sprites solid and use the SOC to make it transparent.

Pretty crummy effect, but meh.

Also, you could maybe use something simpler like the lines that appear behind Sonic in SA2B when he runs.

Yeah, when Sonic is running fast, the SOC could spawn a transparent motion blur image similar to the one pictured in Tony Hawks.

I can see a story for this soc! :twisted:

Sonic - Oh no, Eggmans gonna back, let juice Tails!
Tails - But sonic, you have sonicfreak94's motion blur on!
Sonic - No time Tails *zooms of*
Tails - But Son-*Explotions start*-ic....great....

:| ...

I don't see how that made sense fish hook >_>.
Anyway, I'll get working on those sprites now.

GCFreak said:
Yeah, when Sonic is running fast, the SOC could spawn a transparent motion blur image similar to the one pictured in Tony Hawks.

If I did that with that particular arrangement it wouldn't look right at all. And if I can pull this off, I'll try to make one that doesn't kick people, and use it for SRB2 JC jet boarding.

I thought of that. I wouldn't know how though >_<. Unless I make a completely different, sonic I guess to go with it that goes faster.

*yawn* Might want to ask on Edge about that. On the other hand, you'd need to alternate his states of A_BunnyHop (or something) with your A_SpawnObjectRelative. That would be jerky movement, though.

Ok, here is my problem. I'm working on the new version of the soc, but I need to know how to use "A_SpawnObjectRealitive" and the other one like that. But, I can't get it to work without it spawning Sonic sprites. Thats really all I need help with and I can release my newer soc.

No offense but, when I tried the first version of this soc, it didn't look like motion blur at all.

P.S. Why did you name your topic fake MONITOR blur?

No it didn't have to do with your topic, and I know the first one sucked, thats why I need help with that one thing so I can make it over again. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back