Master server hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahem, I have a laptop, and even in my underdeveloped country, there are internet Wifis I can steal, and it doesn´t take much work, unless they´re protected, woudn´t that change my IP in instants aswell?

Have you ever heard of dynamics IP adress (You can change IP when you want) ? This could explain how that noob continue rejoining again and again ....

Have you ever heard of dynamics IP adress (You can change IP when you want) ? This could explain how that noob continue rejoining again and again ....

Yes I have, but most ISP's deny this. Mine has been the same since I bought my PC (2-3 years), and stayed the same when I got my new one (2 weeks).

This happened with me too but was far worse than this.....far worse... A hacker called "MS" joined my server, but the odd thing was: He wasn't listed as a player, he wasn't appearing in the "ping list" or whatever, so, I couldn't ban him.After this, he took my control of the server(Yes, I wasn't an admin anymore) and started to force me to say things like "I'm a noob" or "I'm gay" and so on.Besides this, hee started to say that he's a god and started to trick with the "force character" option.Then the server crashed. So yeah, and here's my question: HOW THE HELL CAN SOMEONE DO THESE THINGS?!?!?!

I thought only the same EXE can interact with each other.

Each EXE mod would only display the same hosting EXEs... right?

This is a hardcoded system, it's merely based on VERSIONSTRING and SUBVERSION, if I recall. If you don't change them then the EXE is none the wiser.

This is a hardcoded system, it's merely based on VERSIONSTRING and SUBVERSION, if I recall. If you don't change them then the EXE is none the wiser.

Well, you are the one of the ones who makes it...

So it could be a modified EXE then?

Technically, couldn't this be counted as an exploit?

Two different people using same name and taking servers down? I guess not.
Is there any posible way to get rid of hackers?

Last edited:
2 identical IPs (Listserving), and sudden server closings.

Two identical IP addresses is most likely two clients using the same outgoing Internet connection. AKA: a LAN of some description. (Or they learned how to run and PLAY two SRB2 clients on one computer without lagging, please tell fdggettgfds)

Sudden server closings? Maybe the host alt+F4'd, or sigsegv'd without the clients doing the same.

I doubt anyone who's into hacking the game gives two shits about clans.
I personally would doubt that anyone who is capable of hacking the game would be interested in disturbing gameplay on the Master Server, but it does seem to happen apparently.

Nah, I just believe that his IP is like mine, DYNAMIC.
That's what I think he is.
Cuz he won't use different connection just to crash servers.

EDIT: If this isn't corrected ASAP this would spread like Flu Viruses. I just hope this gets fixed soon and the person responsible can be handled completely.

Last edited:
This happened with me too but was far worse than this.....far worse... A hacker called "MS" joined my server, but the odd thing was: He wasn't listed as a player, he wasn't appearing in the "ping list" or whatever, so, I couldn't ban him.After this, he took my control of the server(Yes, I wasn't an admin anymore) and started to force me to say things like "I'm a noob" or "I'm gay" and so on.Besides this, hee started to say that he's a god and started to trick with the "force character" option.Then the server crashed. So yeah, and here's my question: HOW THE HELL CAN SOMEONE DO THESE THINGS?!?!?!

Could this be a resemblense to Player 2 or Player 11?

And also on another server we encounted A NOOB so we banned him but he just came back so my bet is that he just simply changes his IP address and joins back in.

Some people use some sort of 3g 4g crap and that lets them change their IP every time they connect. If u ban all 225 of their IPs, then u got them ban. Metal madness got himself ban from my serv many times. He is 1 who uses the 3g 4g things. I think using the srb2 launcher is another way, btw, wafflez i think i saw him on my serv lately.... and yes, 225 bans gets them ban. amazingly, I get all the srb2 info from the pros themselves. I think i might be a big help in this. Hacking the master server is just simply annoying and i have a friend that threatens to hack mine and take control of it. anyway, Hackers are just annoying morons that ruin the fun of srb2. ban them from the ms as fast as u can.

Brawl made a WAD where (This wasn't a hack just a joke) at the start the wad would say <type newthings for a list of updates> so I did. It gave me a list of updates, but a few seconds later, I started calling myself names and insulting myself, but it wasn't me. I opened the wad in notepad and sure enough there was a section with

"say I'm a faggot; wait 50; say I am ReTardEd; wait 50;"..............(ect.)

Im not very good at coding and other stuff and I have NO clue how to make a nother exe. for srb2. (a mod) but maybe someone could integrate this into a mod?

(I used brawls WAD as an example.....I have no intention of getting him in trouble. It was actually quite a funny.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back