Shadow The Hedgehog

This is actually pretty amazing. Really nice sprite work and a really interesting ability to boot! ;D Though it does end up making the game harder because of it... that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Although, a few glitches I noticed.

1: The Chaos Control ability goes completely wonky when used in certain areas. I noticed this the most in Castle Eggman Act 2, although it happened in plenty of other zones too.

srb20058.gif

2: Shadow oddly completely breaks the Metal Sonic fight. The effects seem to be different each time I play, but one time I had Metal Sonic completely freeze whenever I was in the air after using Chaos Control. Another time I had Metal just stay in the corner in his vulnerable frames, completely unable to be hit due to him staying exactly where the electric field is. He never did anything after that, oddly. And another time he just.. dissapeared mid-fight. I can't remember which phase he was on, I just remember that once he was there.. and next he wasn't.

srb20060.gif

In which Metal Sonic completely disappears.
srb20061.gif

In which Metal Sonic doesn't start his final phase.
srb20062.gif

In which Shadow's homing attack glitches and Metal Sonic's final phase goes completely wonky.
Surprisingly, Metal broke OUT of being stuck in the corner this time. Last time, he stayed there forever.

Last edited:
I had a lot of fun with this wad. Shadow looks amazing and the chaos control ability is pretty neat. Good job, love it.

I am behind the times, I was thinking earlier today "Haha that Shadow wad Speedwagon is working on will never get finished", lo and behold I find this thread and it shuts me up good.

I played through the game earlier with it and I had a lot of fun! Good job.
Although, I do dislike how chaos control and homing attack are mapped to the same command, but under slightly different circumstances. I had plenty of times where I tried to homing attack a badnik/monitor/spring and teleported, or vice versa.

Good art too!

Yeah I agree with Whackjood, but at the same time I think it'd be weird if Chaos Control was set to custom 1 or something. I also think Super Shadow is a bit underwhelming in Single Player.

Personally, I'd set Chaos Control to the spindash key while in the air. Because then the player can use all of Shadow's abilities without setting up custom keys and it removes the current problem of accidentally teleporting.

Personally, I'd set Chaos Control to the spindash key while in the air. Because then the player can use all of Shadow's abilities without setting up custom keys and it removes the current problem of accidentally teleporting.
No because that'd interfere with the Armageddon Shield and the Whirlwind Shield.

No because that'd interfere with the Armageddon Shield and the Whirlwind Shield.

It already does, for the Whirlwind Shield at least: you can't use Chaos Control to go down and not use the Whirlwind Shield's extra jump (probably makes the Armageddon Shield explode too, haven't tested though).

You could make it activate the shield ability after the player uses Chaos Control twice.

Very bad idea. It would lock the player from using the Whirlwind jump/Armageddon blast when he jumps, unless you lock it on the first Chaos Control and unlock it on the second. Still, I don't like this idea since it prevents player from having full control on their actions (and if someone comes with a reply like: "It balances the character", I'll respond with: "Hey, it's a power-up. It's supposed to help you, not hinder you in some way" and "I played Shadow on Match/CTF and I can assure you: Chaos Control is balanced as it is").
I really like the idea of setting it to a custom button, but I admit it would be tedious to configure one, and it's impossible to not have conflicts with other WADs/LUAs who use custom buttons.

Last edited:
Personally, I think the best way to handle it would be to change the homing attack to a slow thok instead.

Then there wouldn't be a need to change buttons around, and you'd never homing attack when you want to use chaos control and vise versa.

Awesome work! Its so much better than ShadowRE and adding super support was a great idea. (Most people don't do that which is really annoying).

Funny thing is back in 1.09.4 there used to be a option to let custom characters go super in singleplayer and this was used in nearly every character so it got removed in 2.0

Funny thing is back in 1.09.4 there used to be a option to let custom characters go super in singleplayer and this was used in nearly every character so it got removed in 2.0
Which is really stupid, if you ask me. "People are actively using this feature! Better remove it!"

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back