"Some entries couldn't be converted, see console log for details."

Status
Not open for further replies.
What program are you using, and if it is SLADE or Audacity, what are the steps to reproduce it?
If you don't give out that information it is going to be pretty hard to figure out whatever is happening.

I'm using SLADE, why do you ask?
because you could be absolutely using any other program and you did not mention it

Well, uh, can you describe the steps you are doing that makes the error appear?

EDIT: Might as well mention you should be NOT using .wav sound files because their size is immense. I recommend using Audacity to convert the sound to Ogg with quality 0 (lowest filesize with unnoticeable quality loss). Sounds can be Ogg.

If you are just making sounds effects, WAV files are fine. I think in the past DOOM WAVs were the only file type that can be used for sound effects, but it might have changed. Usually sound effects aren't long enough that OGG would make a significant difference in file size. WAV files have a slight advantage of loading quicker since it doesn't use compression, but the difference is probably going to be minimal on modern computers so just use whatever works. I would use WAV files for sound effects to be safe, and OGG for music.

Go ahead and look here for a tutorial on how to use custom sounds effects in game. If that doesn't help, see if you can find what bit rate and khz the sounds are in the official srb2.srb file. If you convert the wav file to use those settings with Audacity, I am guessing that would work.

Last edited:
Usually sound effects aren't long enough that OGG would make a significant difference in file size. WAV files have a slight advantage of loading quicker since it doesn't use compression, but the difference is probably going to be minimal on modern computers so just use whatever works.

Just as an aside, sound effects can sometimes be loaded multiple times per second, so I would personally say that using OGG/MP3 for sound effects is not really worth the risk. Uncompressed SFX and compressed BGM are two good rules to live by.

I noticed that if a sound is a ogg file, when played back, it won't respect any of the sound flags and play from nowhere, unlike with WAV files, it will play far enough that the flag allow it, and etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back