Official Level Design Contest - December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Alrighty, I know you all are wondering "What the hell is Mystic hiding?"

Really, it's quite simple. This month is going to be a Single Player act contest. I know you all are thinking that it's too hard, or too complex, but after seeing you guys' entries for the past few months, I'm pretty sure you all can do just fine.

Rules:

1. All levels must work correctly in Single Player, meaning they must include the following: Player 1-8 Starts (9-32 optional), Exit Sector, Special Stage Token (extra optional)
2. The level must be a single act. No 3-act full zones.
3. No hunting stages. Leave that for another day.
4. Collaborations are allowed, and testing is encouraged.
5. Custom textures are allowed, but custom music will require you to host a seperate wad to add it, as I'm not sucking Sepwich's bandwidth any more than I need to. Also, you may not name the custom textures anything that is already in srb2.srb
6. Stages must be theoretically possible to complete. If it's only possible with noclip and god, it's not a real level.
7. All levels are due to me by January 1st, 2004 at 12:00 UT (December 31st, 7 PM EST)

Remember, all entries are welcome, no matter how good you are. The more the merrier.

Edit 1: Added line about custom textures needing new names.
Edit 2: Removed "and Co-op" clause.

Mystic!!! I love you!!! :D A single player act contest XDXDXD At least something I wanted a long time ago!!!

PD: No, I´m not going to do a level, but I´m going to replay them as many times as I´ll can.

Now for a rant: NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, now that that's out may I say, these are hard.

But at least it's one act. Can you have a boss act?

Loophole time! You said there had to be an exit sector and the level had to be possible to complete, but you never said it had to be completed by touching the exit sector. What if I make a boss act and the thok barrier is an exit sector? Victory!

a441, you have a problem. It's called "making things more complex than they need to be". Please do stop.

Knuckles MetalMind said:
Mystic!!! I love you!!! :D A single player act contest XDXDXD At least something I wanted a long time ago!!!

PD: No, I´m not going to do a level, but I´m going to replay them as many times as I´ll can.

Me too!

Pikawil said:
Knuckles MetalMind said:

Me too!

Same here. I've wanted to see a single player act contest for a while, because I'm a big multiplayer n00b.

Just a friendly reminder that the month DOES end at some point. I know a few of you are working on submissions, but last minute entries aren't as good as well planned ones I receive a week early, generally ^_~

Sorry!

I don't have time for the contest due to programming, Christmas, and other stuff. I started on a contest wad that currently has 6 sectors and another that is an interesting golf level that needs improvement.

Here you go...

If you want to know what a golf level is like... It is where you can only move by spinballs. Each spinball adds 1 to your score. Remember in golf that a lower score is better. Ring count is your score. Score is your point score. The exit sector is the "hole".
--------------------------------------------------
If you want to know how to make one... Make a level with the end sector(982) as a hole, a sector 990 with the floor height as par, and a header with the "Golf" mode enabled.

Happy Putting!

Re: Here you go...

Kristos said:
Make a level with the end sector(982) as a hole

That won't work, because if you do that, going over the hole but not in it will end the hole. What you have to do is make water or an intangible FOF inside the hole and set its control sector to type 982.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back