Delay Linedef? How Do I do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
In the Suggestions topic I asked for the ability to make DOOM like Doors. The responce to that was
SSNTails said:
Delay Linedef Executor
Only one problem with that, I don't know how to do that.

So now this brings me to my question. How do I delay a Linedef Executor?

(I never made a map for DOOM only. Just SRB2 only.)

PS: I'm using SRB2 Doom Builder if that affects any thing.

That's your problem. Linedef types are organized by number. Try searching for the numerical value, rather then the name.

If you're asking me to point it out, I can't, simply because, while I CAN make a level, I have not done anything with advanced linedef specials like that.

Would it be #125 Set state of triggering object? That one has a blank page so I don't know if it's the one.

Nope, that one sets the state of the triggering object, like it says. There may just not be anything on the Wiki about it..

It's not a linedef type, you set Upper Unpegged (0x0008) on the linedef executor action you want to delay. Then, connect another sector to the backside of the linedef. The floor height + ceiling height of the back sector is how many tics the game will wait before performing the action.

FuriousFox said:
It's not a linedef type, you set Upper Unpegged (0x0008) on the linedef executor action you want to delay. Then, connect another sector to the backside of the linedef. The floor height + ceiling height of the back sector is how many tics the game will wait before performing the action.

Wow, even I forgot about that. Is it documented anywhere?

I'm going to say right now that at its current state, the wiki is lacking in information and it isn't the most helpful resource because of it. Only the Things have detailed documentation, while the Linedef and Sector specials are not documented well. Also, map walkthroughs are only a beginning project, and other technical wadding topics are few.

It would also help if the mapping tutorials were on the wiki. Those I plan to port to the wiki myself, once I manage to get off my butt and halt my vacation, which has been coming on two weeks now...

I actually Update some of the pages by either correcting the info or even adding the info in the first place to some of the entries. Some times even making the entries my self using the Info I've learned.

Digiku said:
I'm going to say right now that at its current state, the wiki is lacking in information and it isn't the most helpful resource because of it. Only the Things have detailed documentation, while the Linedef and Sector specials are not documented well. Also, map walkthroughs are only a beginning project, and other technical wadding topics are few.

Because only so many of us would be able to document them accurately. Unlike THINGS which everyone is familiar with. Would be nice if some of you expert mappers over there wrote some of the more advanced ones up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back