The NEW SRB2 site + MB + SRB2Live Site + YouSRB2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue

ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S
Hello again, gentlemen, this time, all your websites are belong to us.

Anyways, most of you should be familiar with SRB2Live by now, but the concept of a new site for the MB and main SRB2 site may be a new concept to most of you.

Definitions:

SRB2Live - omgbestmodevar
YouSRB2 - An SRB2 style youtube, with wads instead of videos, includes screenshots, tags, comments and more! :)
MB - You're on it.
Main site - That tatty old piece of junk SSN made in Frontpage that you burn your eyes on when you go to srb2.org :3

So, umm, here is your future: http://vactual.net/forum/

I linked to the forum since it's the only part that's actually done right now. Also, before you complain about it being too wide, I don't support 800x600 with my sites so if you use it, you seriously need to get 1024x768, I don't know of any monitor that won't support that, unless you have something from the 90s.

Soon to come:
YouSRB2 module
Full SRB2Live integration
Screenshots module (You'll see =P)
Support for major source modifications (ShufflaRB2, DMSC, SRB2JTE, etc) (possibly)
Other stuff...

Criticism, suggestions, etc all welcome. It is still majorly in development so don't point out the obvious like "I can't login!" or "news.php can't be found!"

- Cue Out.

(I has a sticky :D)

EDIT: Since nobody can work it out, this is what it is:
SSN needs a new website badly (lol) so I'm making it, everything will be moved over, all the user data, etc... The site will all be coded from scratch and you will have one account for every single thing. Questions? Ask.

<a name="readplease">
Me said:
I repeat on the design aspect (I have said that before, right?), it will be altered when it's done, the current theme is a prototype of the final theme and I plan on letting Kroze loose on the stylesheets to see if he can make it look smexy.

In short, the design isn't final so stop going on about it.
</a>

Ummm, what?

All I see is a forum with a theme I don't particularly care for with all of the forums locked.

What exactly is this supposed to be, and why is it stickied?

So, yeah, I'd love if someone would explain to me what this is and why this is stickied.

Don't we already have a main site, a place to host our wads, and a place for our message board?

FuriousFox said:
Ummm, what?

All I see is a forum with a theme I don't particularly care for with all of the forums locked.

What exactly is this supposed to be, and why is it stickied?

Hmm, they're all locked?

Oops, coding error!

EDIT: Fixed

The logo in the top is scrunched.

I'm all for the YouSRB2 idea. But another entire forum just doesn't seem right. Also, why did you copy all of the threads from this place? It's not like this place is going to die any time soon, and the entire point of a new message board is so that it becomes a new message board with new topics and stuff. So why this?

Guys, you seem to be forgetting some very simple logic.
This topic was stickied, certainly not by Cueball, and FF had no idea what was going on.

The only reasonable explanation:
This is going to actually be the new SRB2MB sometime in the future, YouSRB2 will be part of it, and we'll be switching servers.

This is obviously being released to get public opinions. I assume on merely interface, but I could be wrong on that account. I'm not certain. But it's no leap of logic to assume that this is going to potentially be the future of SRB2, so I'd recommend throwing in all the ideas you can for this so you aren't complaining if/when a move does happen.

Suggestions:

Read/not read icons, like here:
folder_new_big.gif
/
folder_big.gif

folder_new.gif
/
folder.gif

Table borders around topics/forums.

Actually make the page system in the subforums. =P

Bottom of page should have the same border that the sides and top do.

Better forum logo image please.

Usergroups (mod/admin)

I am not sure if I like the whole "rate user becaus they r awesom" idea. That usually gets abused, and they really don't mean anything except to boost egos. Wad rating may be useful though.

I didn't see any ratings thing, except for something that appears to be SRB2 netgame stats from SRB2Live.

It looks incomplete, no skins, no images, and hard to use, but I kind of like the premise. Are you planning to use custom icons for the stuff as opposed to the boring stuff we use here. Like a Sonic's head instead of whatever we use now.

It would be nice if the skin/theme made things a little easier to tell from one another, but I'm guessing thats not done yet right?

I'm looking forward to seeing how this looks a with a little more order established. Just one question, is the wiki going to be affected by all this?

I doubt we'll move there, unless it makes the server faster, and if you're able to move every single topic and posts from here to there. Mystic would also have to be the one to agree to move, since he's in charge of the whole forum. And if not even FuriousFox knows about it, then I doubt SSNTails or Mystic knows about it. It was probably stickied by Shuffle, or someone else.

On a layout note, it's kinda bloated. Mainly, there's too much space between the topics. Another big ocmplaint is that there's a space explicitly for your gamercard from your 360. If I wanted a gamercard in my post, I'd put it in my sig. Not to mention I don't want my gamercard showing, anyhow.

One thing I've noticed, If this is going to be the new SRB2 home page, Why does it say srb2.org at the stop? Shouldn't it say a link to the board it self?

Chaos Zero 64 said:
I doubt we'll move there, unless it makes the server faster, and if you're able to move every single topic and posts from here to there. Mystic would also have to be the one to agree to move, since he's in charge of the whole forum. And if not even FuriousFox knows about it, then I doubt SSNTails or Mystic knows about it. It was probably stickied by Shuffle, or someone else.

That's where you're wrong, SSN has been in on this since the begining. I ran it past him numerous times before I even started and he is fine with the idea. And yes, he did agree to move servers when it's done. Give it a month or two, maybe less since I have half-term coming up next week so I'll get a whole load done :)

Moving everything: Very possible, I have a script to do all that =P

Also, the banner is a placeholder.

I already have user groups planned, I just need to, you know, code the user system...
FoxBlitzz stickied it for me because SSN was going to but he went offline before I posted it.
Read/not read icons will be included, somewhere...
I'll sort out the page system everywhere else when I fix the problem with [Next] and [Last] being pushed down out of the box.
Borders will be done when I get round to it.
BZ, that's not your 360 gamer card, it's your SRB2 Card. The purpose of which will become apparent in the next release of SRB2Live. (I hope =P)

May I just note that most design stuff will be fixed in the end, Kroze has agreed to fiddle with the CSS when I've finished all the coding to make it look smexier (typo indeed...) so quit focusing on the design. Mr. Tisdell has also requested different skins, so it shall be done, but it'll probably just be different colours and such, nothing major. =P

By the way, I'll be looking for people to help check everything is in order, in other words, a team of beta testers, SRB2Live private beta testers are already entitled to this but if you're up for helping, send me a PM. No, you won't get access to the Hidden Palace and Staff Lounge, you currently need MySQL access to see them. ^_~

Err, just make another theme for this forum. And if you want it at another website, move it. I guess it's OK, but you could fix a few things.

WhatIsIt.png

What is this? It doesn't seem like it's very needed.

NoBBCode.png

Add BBCode.

ScrollBarOnTheBottom.png

Mind making it so a scrollbar doesn't appear on the bottom?

Uh-OhNoPageNumbers.png

Add page numbers so you can quickly make it to a page.

Not Found

The requested URL /user/Cheese/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

No-one can view their profiles.

Cheese.

1. You'll see.

2. I haven't finished the BBCode yet, you may notice that quotes and codes aren't done either.

3. Entire screenshot for that, please?

4. Going to.

5. I haven't done that bit yet, it's next on my agenda after I sort out logging in.

Also, now showing, random SSN bashing/Cue worshipping quotes on the homepage! Just refresh to see! :D

Cheese said:
cueball61 said:
3. Entire screenshot for that, please?

Go here, scroll down, and see for yourself.

I'm under the impression that what you are seeing is to do with the content of the post, not the site itself. I'll look into it.

EDIT: My mistake, it's my fault, I left a " out in the code. Fixed now.

Hey Cueball61. I hope there will be an easy way to ban people and such. As long as it can log what we do and such, then I shouldn't have any problems with admininstrating the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back